Sign in with
Your question

Removing right protection

Last response: in Storage
February 2, 2012 7:04:15 PM

Hello,

I have a flash drive and I would like to copy some of my documents in to it, but every time i try to paste the documents in to the flash drive an error massage always pop up saying "the disk is right protected, remove the right protection or use another disk"
can anyone tell me how i can remove right protection on my flash drive.

More about : removing protection

a c 324 G Storage
February 2, 2012 8:03:29 PM

HERE is a guide to removing write protection for flash memory devices.

Usually if it is not just a switch on the drive you can disable write protection in Windows registry: Attach your flash drive, click the Start button and select Run for XP or just type regedit in the typing window in Win Vista/7 for the Registry Editor. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies. Navigate through the folders to get to ‚ÄúStorageDevicePolicies‚ÄĚ. Then right-click on WriteProtect and choose Modify. Type in 0 and press Enter. Your drive will now be set without write protection enabled.
m
l
February 8, 2012 11:53:02 PM

Hay!!

thanks for the information, but i tried using the regedit and the one click regedit application, but it just didn't work.

Is there another way or any other applications to remove right protection on flash drive?
m
l
a c 324 G Storage
February 9, 2012 1:13:09 AM

THIS describes how to edit group policy, which is the Windows 7 method to change the setting. Note that the group policy editor is not available in Windows 7 Basic or Home Premium.
m
l
!