Solved

New PC

Hi, i'm building a new mid range PC and would really like some comments on the following base components.

MB
P7H55-M ASUS Intel H55, LGA1156, 4xDual DDR3 2200(O.C), Graphics on CPU (HDMI, VGA), 1xPCI-x16, 2xPCI-x1, 1xPCI, 6xSATA, 1xATA133, Gbe Lan, 8ch-Sound HD, Max 12xUSB, microATX

CPU
Intel CPU i5-750 Core i5 LGA1156 2.66GHz 8MB Cache 45nm

MEMORY:
Dynet Module 2048MB DDR3 1333Mhz CL8 PC3 10600 240 Pin
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. as i can see you are putting in a i5 750 in a H55 socket and hoping to extract on die graphics, which is obviously not going to work...

    if you want the core i5 750... get a p55 mobo and a separate graphics card...

    if you want on board(or should i say on-die) graphics you should get a core i3 530 and couple it with the asus mobo...

    if you can state ur budget we'd be in a better position to help you with the processor & mobo...
  2. abhishekk89 said:
    as i can see you are putting in a i5 750 in a H55 socket and hoping to extract on die graphics, which is obviously not going to work...

    if you want the core i5 750... get a p55 mobo and a separate graphics card...

    if you want on board(or should i say on-die) graphics you should get a core i3 530 and couple it with the asus mobo...

    if you can state ur budget we'd be in a better position to help you with the processor & mobo...



    I'm planning on getting a ATI 5670 PCIe within a month or so. not sure bout the model there just off the top of my head. would the base setup stated above be able to support 'on-die' graphics in the meantime? my budget is about $750

    P55? don't want cf or sli. just on board vga for a month or so then getting mid range PCIe

    thanks for comment.
  3. Unfortunately, as "abhishekk89" mentioned, the core i5-7xx series dont provide on-die graphics at all, so the setup stated above wont be able to support it.

    As mentioned, the only way to use on-die graphics is via clarkdales, and they are dual cores only.

    For around $750, have you considered an AMD build? Plus buying an am3 790x or 890x mobo would sort out your lack of gpu for the moment?
  4. I got an email from a company says their Motherboard + Memory Bundle is on sale. I found they are really good deals.

    Link
    http://www.centralcomputers.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=74624
  5. Best answer
    quagmires said:
    I'm planning on getting a ATI 5670 PCIe within a month or so. not sure bout the model there just off the top of my head. would the base setup stated above be able to support 'on-die' graphics in the meantime? my budget is about $750

    P55? don't want cf or sli. just on board vga for a month or so then getting mid range PCIe

    thanks for comment.


    we are more than happy to help you :)

    for that price range if you want to stick with intel you can get a core i3 530.. its a wonderful processor that performs better than all core 2 duo processors..

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115222&cm_re=core_i3-_-19-115-222-_-Product

    amd also has some really nice offerings... you can get a athlon quad core processor - athlon x4 630 for $100.. couple it with a 890gx motherboard like the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103704&cm_re=athlon_x4-_-19-103-704-_-Product

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631&cm_re=890_gx-_-13-131-631-_-Product

    the on board graphics from the amd setup is quite powerful when compared to intel
  6. vogec said:
    I got an email from a company says their Motherboard + Memory Bundle is on sale. I found they are really good deals.

    Link
    http://www.centralcomputers.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=74624


    Yea, good deal!
  7. quagmires said:
    I'm planning on getting a ATI 5670 PCIe within a month or so. not sure bout the model there just off the top of my head. would the base setup stated above be able to support 'on-die' graphics in the meantime? my budget is about $750

    P55? don't want cf or sli. just on board vga for a month or so then getting mid range PCIe

    thanks for comment.

    You wont need an i5 750 if you plan on using onboard motherboard graphics or even the HD5670.
    The X4 630 + 890 motherboard proposed by abhishek should do just fine. In fact even an X3 435 + 790 motherboard will do.
    What is the resolution you plan on using your PC on?
  8. Best answer selected by quagmires.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product