Sign in with
Your question

Water Cooling Checklist

Last response: in Overclocking
October 11, 2012 2:26:37 AM

Hi. I am a TOTAL NUB at water cooling. I read guides but decided that I am still not gonna risk it. So I wanna ask you guys to choose my water cooling parts for me. I only want to cool my CPU for now. I want a kit that is around $100-$150 If possible. I also want to try and stick to a black and blue scheme. Here are my specs.

NZXT Phantom Mid Tower
Sabertooth Z77
Intel Core i5 2500K 1155 (Hope to OC to 4.5 when done)
Antec HCG 750W PSU
Sapphire 7850

I heard that pre mixed coolants are bad and that distilled water and colored tubing is a good choice. It would be great if you guys posted all the required fittings because that's where I get confused at. Thanks you guys! :) 
Related resources
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 12, 2012 11:06:25 PM

hmm, If you've readth the very knowing Sticky - then ye shall not be having thou problemth :lol: 

sorry - but honestly, might want to take a good read, a couple of times, until the sticky rings a bell in your head.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 12, 2012 11:59:14 PM

Another thing you should try doing is search google for NZXT Phantom liquid cooled build log or somethign like that to see what others have done with the case and components for ideas.
m
l
October 13, 2012 1:27:45 AM

Lutfij said:
hmm, If you've readth the very knowing Sticky - then ye shall not be having thou problemth :lol: 

sorry - but honestly, might want to take a good read a couple of times until the sticky rings a bell in your head.

Ahahahaha so funny. Anyways I will. I wasn't focusing. Maybe I missed something in the thread.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 13, 2012 1:38:00 AM

:)  okay I've got your undivided attention, don't get frustrated. Take some time off, sip on some latte and...the sticky'll slowly work its way. I needed the multiple read through's to nail alot of my stuff.

One member had read the sticky for about a week running :)  talk about dedication!
m
l
October 13, 2012 1:53:06 AM

Lutfij said:
:)  okay I've got your undivided attention, don't get frustrated. Take some time off, sip on some latte and...the sticky'll slowly work its way. I needed the multiple read through's to nail alot of my stuff.

One member had read the sticky for about a week running :)  talk about dedication!

DAMMMMMNNN!!! I finally got it. Second read through. Simplier than I thought. :D 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 13, 2012 1:54:59 AM

I spent probably 2 weeks reading watercooling stickies from various sites before I got to finally working on my loop. Think I read the one here, overclockers, OCN, and anandtech before I was satisfied lol.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 13, 2012 1:58:59 AM

yeah, same here, however I relied heavily on Tom's WC'ing sticky after I made a mess of things with my first H50 mod :) 
m
l
!