Solved

Adding 1 gigabyte memory to my system?

Hey, i noticed alien vs predator that its good to have at least 1 gb of v-ram. I have 512mb of v-ram with 3 gigs of ram.
I was wondering if i added another stick of ram to my system do you think it would help my card in anyway?
I noticed that people play with a similar card to mine and they play on high textureing with 4 gigs of ram and a 512mb card.
Their card is 9800gt 512mb with 4 gigs of ram, and i am gts 250 512mb with 3 gigs of ram.

You think i would have a difference?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about adding gigabyte memory system
  1. Best answer
    There will be no difference.. The dedicated video RAM has no connection with the system main memory wherein one can dedicate part of main memory to be used as video memory.. It used to (may be still does) happen with onboard graphics chip.. Since you've a dedicated video card, it wont work that way for you.. And you wont need that also btw..
  2. bravo95 said:
    Hey, i noticed alien vs predator that its good to have at least 1 gb of v-ram. I have 512mb of v-ram with 3 gigs of ram.
    I was wondering if i added another stick of ram to my system do you think it would help my card in anyway?
    I noticed that people play with a similar card to mine and they play on high textureing with 4 gigs of ram and a 512mb card.
    Their card is 9800gt 512mb with 4 gigs of ram, and i am gts 250 512mb with 3 gigs of ram.

You think i would have a difference?

Technically speaking, your first problem is that you are playing a horrible game. Shame on You. Shame. LOL, j/k!

Ok, seriously I'm with bravo95. There should not be a connection between system and dedicated video RAM. Your problem may lay elsewhere if you have noticed better performance from others. Remember not all 512mb Video cards are equal!
  3. Well the 9800gt could be running in DX9 only in XP. If your OS is Vista or windows 7 you may be seeing a better picture but lower FPS. There seems to be some problems in the game to complicate matters. Problems with DX10 and DX11 stuttering during game play. Check this link out for more information.
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53215/Rebellion-Investigating-Aliens-vs-Predator-DirectX-10-11-Stuttering
  4. @ Elbert, yeah this is the only reason why im asking. For the stuttering reasons. I cant go any higher then medium textures. When i do put that setting on i will get 60-50 fps ( and that's supposed to be smooth, since i get those fps in medium sometimes to and i don't realize it. ) And the game plays like im playing with 14 - 20.

I wish they would fix that, but i didn't realize that if you played on a different Os, the picture can be different. I noticed that high shadows and medium shadows, there is no difference.

Thanks for the answer everyone but im going to have to pick someone. You are all right, just to let you know. Thank you everyone!
  5. Best answer selected by bravo95.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Gigabyte