Core i3-330M Good enough for 1080P?

behelitmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Solution
So long as the external monitor is set as an seperate display, and not a duplicate display you will be able to run both monitors at diffrent resoloutions. You can change these settings in Windows easily.

However that laptop has no HDMI, and only Stereo sound output. So you can kiss goodbye to the 5.1 sound on those blu-rays. that pretty much makes the laptop unsuitable. Would do for me anyway

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Yes it should be fine although your screen size is 1366 x 768. I'm too sure about laptops since I have never done this but I don't know if you can output more than your native screen resolution on your laptop.

Werxen's right, it'll handle 1080p video but your monitor resolution is too small. I tried hooking up my my 1080p monitor to my laptop which has a resolution of 1366 x 768, and the maximum resolution was still 1366 x768, IIRC.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
So long as the external monitor is set as an seperate display, and not a duplicate display you will be able to run both monitors at diffrent resoloutions. You can change these settings in Windows easily.

However that laptop has no HDMI, and only Stereo sound output. So you can kiss goodbye to the 5.1 sound on those blu-rays. that pretty much makes the laptop unsuitable. Would do for me anyway

Solution

popatim

Titan

Best answer right here folks!
Even my GMA4500hd integrated gpu laptop can play 1080p fine.

TRENDING THREADS