Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[New System Build] Gaming computer

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 2, 2010 4:17:53 PM

I would like to make sure if this system is fully compatible and functional, and if it's a good all-around gaming computer. (running Win7)

CPU - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
RAM - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...
CPU COOLER - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1683... (planning to overclock a bit)
PSU - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
HARD DRIVE - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...
MOBO - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
VIDEO CARD - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
CASE - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
DVD DRIVE - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...


Your help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any recommendations for some of the parts with the roughly the same price it would also be greatly appreciated.


a b 4 Gaming
February 2, 2010 4:21:30 PM

It all looks good. Just to double check, you do know that's only a DVD reader right? A burner wouldn't cost much more.
m
0
l
February 2, 2010 4:26:01 PM

MadAdmiral said:
It all looks good. Just to double check, you do know that's only a DVD reader right? A burner wouldn't cost much more.


Oh wow thanks for the tip I didn't know that lol.

Thanks alot!
m
0
l
Related resources
February 2, 2010 4:30:01 PM

Ok, thanks a lot for the quick replies!
m
0
l
February 2, 2010 4:38:06 PM

That player/burner is great. I may even add that one to my build if they have it here in the U.S.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 2, 2010 4:41:41 PM

All that matter for the optical is that you get the cheapest SATA one you can find. That one meets the criteria...

@darkside: They do. It's $26 I think.
m
0
l
February 2, 2010 5:00:53 PM

Thanks Admiral...I just added it to my new build. Lots of good reviews on it.
m
0
l
February 2, 2010 5:06:10 PM

Bit of luck you can unlock that 4th core as well as clocking it dude, Worked for me on my 435, now its a phenom x4 B35 running at 3.2Ghz smooth as you like
Good luck and enjoy the build
m
0
l
February 2, 2010 7:06:04 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Bit of luck you can unlock that 4th core as well as clocking it dude, Worked for me on my 435, now its a phenom x4 B35 running at 3.2Ghz smooth as you like
Good luck and enjoy the build


I have a few questions about the unlock...Will it void my warranty? Where can you learn how to do this? It would be greatly appreciated because I have never heard of this concept of 'unlocking' before.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 2, 2010 7:12:49 PM

At their heart, triple core CPUs are quad cores that have been made stable by "locking" or disabling one core. If you're lucky, when you overclock, you can re-open that core (hence unlocking). It is more likely to make the system unstable than just regular overclocking.

Technically, it could void the warranty, but I don't believe AMD cares too much. You can learn to do it in the Overclocking section of the forum.
m
0
l
February 2, 2010 7:17:28 PM

MadAdmiral said:
At their heart, triple core CPUs are quad cores that have been made stable by "locking" or disabling one core. If you're lucky, when you overclock, you can re-open that core (hence unlocking). It is more likely to make the system unstable than just regular overclocking.

Technically, it could void the warranty, but I don't believe AMD cares too much. You can learn to do it in the Overclocking section of the forum.


Ok, thank you.
m
0
l
!