4 new screenies for Thief3 inside

WindSong

Unfortunately they are ALL 3rd person, which I hate. Most of the time I have
to resist the urge to place my palm on the monitor to cover up Garrett so I
can reflect upon the rest of the background. The last time I have seen a 1st
person was early last year via the E3 videos. And the vids released a few days
ago via IGN are ALL 3rd person, and to boot, have some 17 yr old wanker going
around killing everything in sight as if it was Quake 3. Gonna wait till the
patch before I buy this one so they can clear up:

1.) Loot Display
2.) Loot Glint notification
3.) Large compass
4.) bugs/optimizations they missed...

Water is not a problem per se, although I would HOPE they would program the
water to look similiar to the water in Call of Duty (i.e. the level where your
blowing up the dam). Now THAT was good water (lease for my 9600 pro). And you
didn't even get to wade in it.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:27:05 GMT, yth@aol.com (Windsong) wrote:

>Unfortunately they are ALL 3rd person, which I hate. Most of the time I have
>to resist the urge to place my palm on the monitor to cover up Garrett so I
>can reflect upon the rest of the background. The last time I have seen a 1st
>person was early last year via the E3 videos. And the vids released a few days
>ago via IGN are ALL 3rd person, and to boot, have some 17 yr old wanker going
>around killing everything in sight as if it was Quake 3. Gonna wait till the
>patch before I buy this one so they can clear up:
>
>1.) Loot Display
>2.) Loot Glint notification
>3.) Large compass
>4.) bugs/optimizations they missed...

Or maybe wait for a review ?

It's possible all this will be optional, or fixable - in DE2, a lot of
the HUD was alterable in config files, and it's possible some of the
above stuff with be alterable in the menu.

It's bothering me, though, that it's beena long time since I've seen
any first-person screenshots. I know they wany the 3rd person ones to
make it look more 'actioney' to appeal to a wider X-Box owning market,
but still...

And what's with all the carrots ?