ASUS Sabertooth X58 vs ASUS P6X58D-E

Here is a comparison of the two from newegg:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007626%20600007887&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&CompareItemList=280|13-131-665^13-131-665-TS,13-131-641^13-131-641-TS

I want the motherboard for gaming

I'm also looking for a review of the Sabertooth x58 but I couldn't find any. Does anyone have any links for a review?

Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about asus sabertooth asus p6x58d
  1. The sabertooth has some cool features and is $40 cheaper. So its good. You can get that.
  2. hell_storm2004 said:
    The sabertooth has some cool features and is $40 cheaper. So its good. You can get that.

I did a comparison of the two on asus.com and the p6x58d-e had all these overclocking features and the sabertooth had none:

Intelligent overclocking tools
    - ASUS TurboV
    Precision Tweaker 2
    - vCore: Adjustable CPU voltage at 0.00625V increment
    - vCPU PLL: 36-step reference voltage control
    - vDRAM Bus : 49-step DRAM voltage control
    - vChipset(N.B.) : 31-step chipset voltage control
    - vNB-PCIe : 65-step chipset-PCIe voltage control
    SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection)
    - PCI Express frequency tuning from 100MHz up to 180MHz at 1MHz increment
    - Internal Base Clock tuning from 100MHz up to 500MHz at 1MHz increment
    Overclocking Protection
    - ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)

That's why I'm a bit worried, not to mention I haven't read any reviews of it yet
  3. I saw that as well. But didnt know you were interested in overclocking. The Sabertooth comes with better quality capacitors and chips, that's all. The price is a little bit of a giveaway of which is the better board. If you don't overclock, then no harm getting the Sabertooth. If you are interested in overclocking you can got for the other one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Sabertooth