Sign in with
Your question

My PC Beeps and then Restarts

Last response: in Systems
February 2, 2010 5:24:38 PM

So I just build a new tower. and after the computer booted up its been fine until now that i've noticed random beeping.
and now it's gotten so bad that it would have this long beep while freezing the screen and then restarts the computer.
after it rebooted there's a window says the system just recovered from system error. And the error code is:

1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000,
parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Please help.

More about : beeps restarts

a c 84 B Homebuilt system
February 2, 2010 5:27:57 PM

Need more info such as: computer's specs, what you're doing before the beeping, what you've tried to fix it, results of any testing, etc.

Have you tried everything in the "Read Before Posting about Boot Problems" sticky? It's the general troubleshooting suggestions.

Have you run MemTest86+? How about monitoring the system temperatures? Have you messed around with anything in BIOS?

With what you've given, any suggestion on a fix or the actual problem would be a shot in the dark...
February 2, 2010 6:34:49 PM

Specs:
MB: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Ci7 920
RAM; 3GB Corsair dominator
HD: WD 640gb
GPU: EVGA GTX 295
PSU: Corsair 750w
Fan: Coolermaster V8
Case: Coolermaster HAF

and no im very new to the computer and this is my very first system. My friend suggested this set up and i tried to put it together. So i dont know any sort of tests. please help.
Related resources
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
February 2, 2010 6:44:34 PM

Start by running through the steps to this thread. Note any changes to the behavior.

Next, go to Step 10 of this guide and run the recommended programs. Focus on Prime95 with Real Temp and MemTest86+. MemTest will need to be burned to CD or put on a flash drive to work, and should be run overnight. Come back with the results.

Chance are that it is a RAM problem, but there are many possiblities for the culprit right now.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 2, 2010 6:46:05 PM

Carefully read and perform EVERY step in the READ before posting about boot problems! sticky at the top of the forum. That's what MadAdmiral mentioned above. The sticky exists to troubleshoot this exact type of problem.
February 2, 2010 7:44:51 PM

how do i run the MemTest on the usb drive? do i just copy and paste?
February 3, 2010 5:50:42 PM

thanks alot
February 3, 2010 6:19:56 PM

You can download Ultimate boot CD on another computer and burn it to disc. The CD has lots of tools you can use, it also has Memtest+86 on it. You put the CD in the drive and tell the computer to boot from the CD-Drive.
!