Hints need for Elevator Mission

I am currently playing the doubtful corridor level of EMT2 but I am stuck at
a certain point and need some pointers.

Possible spoiler space:

I have used the devilish key to gain access to the cathedral. As you go
through the main lobby and head towards the left there is a room with a bed
and a steel door on the wall. I tried but could not open this door with my
lock picks. However, from the lobby towards the right is a room with a red
clad zombie guard. In this room there is a button on the wall which open
the steel door in the other room.
The problem is that behind this door is a lock that needs to be opened with
a cog wheel. I do have a cog wheel called the "key to open spaces" or
something like that but this particular one does not work on this lock.
If you go down the stairs in the room to the left is a wall safe. I can not
open it with my lock picks. Obviously I need another key or a switch to
open this. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
I then made my way underground, and to make a long story short, ended up in
the balcony level of the cathedral. I did a search on google groups and it
was suggested that in order to open the gate that is down the hallway and up
the ramp two actions need to be performed. One is that the bodies of the
guard and woman need to be placed on the pedestal which I was able to do,
and the second thing to do was to activate the switch on the rafters. This
is where I am having problems. I just can't figure out how to use my rope
arrows to get up to that rafter. It is too high to reach from the floor of
the church and if I shoot an arrow from the balcony level there is no way I
can jump to the rope.
Thanks in advance for any help to get me through these problems.

"ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I am currently playing the doubtful corridor level of EMT2 but I am stuck
at
> a certain point and need some pointers.
>
> Possible spoiler space:

> I have used the devilish key to gain access to the cathedral. As you go
> through the main lobby and head towards the left there is a room with a
bed
> and a steel door on the wall. I tried but could not open this door with
my
> lock picks. However, from the lobby towards the right is a room with a
red
> clad zombie guard. In this room there is a button on the wall which open
> the steel door in the other room.
> The problem is that behind this door is a lock that needs to be opened
with
> a cog wheel. I do have a cog wheel called the "key to open spaces" or
> something like that but this particular one does not work on this lock.
> If you go down the stairs in the room to the left is a wall safe. I can
not
> open it with my lock picks. Obviously I need another key or a switch to
> open this. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

look carefully in the room across the hallway, that is if you go down the
same stairs and turn right

> I then made my way underground, and to make a long story short, ended up
in
> the balcony level of the cathedral. I did a search on google groups and
it
> was suggested that in order to open the gate that is down the hallway and
up
> the ramp two actions need to be performed. One is that the bodies of the
> guard and woman need to be placed on the pedestal which I was able to do,
> and the second thing to do was to activate the switch on the rafters.
This
> is where I am having problems. I just can't figure out how to use my rope
> arrows to get up to that rafter. It is too high to reach from the floor
of
> the church and if I shoot an arrow from the balcony level there is no way
> can jump to the rope.

first thing is u neeed to know how to shoot an arrow to the side of a beam
and climb up onto the beam, now you enter the room overlooking the
sanctuary/alter turn left u see spiral stairs, dun go down, turn right and u
see an opening, using your zoom and look up u should see the switch on top
of one beam. now forward to the other opening and shoot several rope arrows
to the bottom of the beams, except one to the side of the beam that u need
to climb onto. then play tarzan and jump from the balcony to a rope arrow
then another rope arrow till u get to the one attached to the side of the
beam u need to climb onto, climb up flip the switch
it takes some practice and S/L to do so