Removiing Boot Manager

I have installed a FreeBSD (Unix) boot manager in WinXP in order to boot
Unix in a partition on my second hard drive.

I now want to get rid of the boot manager. Does anybody know how to do this?
I know there is a KB article about how to get rid of the LILO (Linux) boot
manager but that does not seem appropriate for the FreeBSD. I know that
reinstalling WinXP will get rid of it, but that seems rather a drastic step
for what should be a simple problem (if you knew how to do it).
1 answer Last reply
More about removiing boot manager

    Gordon, if the FreeBSD Boot Manager was installed in the MBR then you could
    use a Win98 boot disk which you can get
    here www.bootdisk.com and when at the A: prompt type fdisk /mbr
    A:\fdisk /mbr should be a space between k & /
    Press Enter and that should clear the mbr. You can then load the WinXP CD
    and from the Recovery Console at the prompt
    type Bootcfg /rebuild For more info on the Recovery Console check here.
    This is the way I had to do it when I wanted to
    remove the Grub bootloader.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;314058

    "Gordon Nelson" <popop3@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I have installed a FreeBSD (Unix) boot manager in WinXP in order to boot
    >Unix in a partition on my second hard drive.
    >
    > I now want to get rid of the boot manager. Does anybody know how to do
    > this? I know there is a KB article about how to get rid of the LILO
    > (Linux) boot manager but that does not seem appropriate for the FreeBSD. I
    > know that reinstalling WinXP will get rid of it, but that seems rather a
    > drastic step for what should be a simple problem (if you knew how to do
    > it).

Configuration Boot Windows XP