Solved

Is it better to have a integrated graphics in mobo?

I was wondering if i should get

ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Xtreme Design w/ DDR3 1800 and 140W CPU support
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131603

or

GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128397

this one has the integrated graphics card on mobo. is there any advantages to get this one?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about integrated graphics mobo
  1. It can be a lot easier troubleshooting graphic issues if you have a motherboard with on-board graphics, but mostly, it all depends on your intended use of the system.

-Wolf sends
  2. hello, thanx for reply.

I'm trying to build a budget gaming system. since I'm on a budget, I wanted to get a mobo with g-card in it so I can get a better g-card later, is this good mobo for that? also when I add another card does it have more performance?. thanx for any help.
  3. Well, as I said, it's nice to have for troubleshooting purposes, but in this case, you will definitely want to go with a dedicated graphics card regardless of which motherboard you get. On-board chipsets are not intended to be used for gaming (other than winmine and solitaire).

-Wolf sends
  4. thanx
  5. Since gaming is your direction, dedicated graphics card is a must. The 770 board will pair nicley with the Phenom II X3/X4. Think Tom's actually did a review of the 770 where is was better than the 780 chip from a gaming performance perspective, but I notice you have stated the 785. The extra saving could go into a better video card.
  6. thanx I'm going with 770.
  7. Best answer
    Getting the board with the GPU won't hurt anything, they're just saying that you shouldn't expect to game using the on-board GPU. It's nice to have as a backup in case you have a problem with your dedicated GPU. On-board GPU's work fine for office type work and watching DVD's and TV, but they're not made for gaming.
  8. Best answer selected by sphinxx187.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt AMD ATX Graphics Systems Product