Your question

GA-870A-UD3

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Graphics Cards
  • Crossfire
Last response: in Motherboards
September 6, 2010 5:26:44 PM

So I just got a PC from cyberpowerpc and I got the GA-870A-UD3 motherboard and two 5770's so I could crossfire them. I am new to the computer building realm and I didn't realize that PCIe was such a huge factor. Now I notice it's only got two PCIe slots and the first one is 16x and the second one is4x. I don't even have an option to crossfire in my CCC and in my GPU-Z it says my second video card is only at 2x not even at 4x. Is there any way to force PCI-E speed? Does anyone know for a fact whether you can or cannot crossfire with this board? I am very upset that cyberpower mislead me into buying this with two video cards If I can't crossfire them. If I can't get any way to fix this, I think I might just have too return the two 5770's and purchase a 5870. It seems like at this point with the computer built it would be easier to replace the video cards then completely rebuild with a new MOBO.

Thanks

More about : 870a ud3

a c 1187 V Motherboard
a c 1430 U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 5:35:13 PM

It looks like your best option is to go with the HD5870. Then again it is not a big deal to swap out a motherboard.
m
l
September 6, 2010 6:28:38 PM

I'm pretty new to the whole computer building thing and replacing the motherboard looks pretty daunting. Would it be better to replace the motherboard for one that supports crossfire? Do you know of a good motherboard that supports the AMD 1055t and all 6 processors and has crossfire support? Maybe a better motherboard would be cheaper to replace than the video cards.
m
l
Related resources
September 6, 2010 9:16:50 PM

Would you suggest replacing the motherboard over the video cards? I'm worried about the time consumption replacing the motherboard, but it would probably be cheaper than getting a more expensive video card, and be better in the long run.
m
l
a c 1187 V Motherboard
a c 1430 U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 10:03:16 PM

It is basically up to you. You should be able to get close to retail value for the HD5770 cards on the market.
m
l
September 7, 2010 8:47:01 PM

I would replace the motherboard myself, but if you are worried about time expect 1hr to swap the motherboard and 5 minutes for the video card.
m
l
!