Camera scanner wizard xp no longer works

Madge

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
HP PSC 1410 all in one printer/scanner will no longer scan. It worked ok until fairly recently. (It prints and photocopies without problems.) When I try to scan, computer gives a message "An error occurred communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure that the scanning device is connected properly and try again. IT IS CONNECTED PROPERLY. I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it with updated software downloaded from the HP help site. I assume that updated drivers would be in this software. It still does not work. I have gone through all the tests in HP advice but no luck. I now assume that it the camera scanner wizard which is causing the problems as it no longer recognises one of our digital cameras.
I have tried scanning by using "Paint" but the computer still cannot detect the scanner wizard.
In the device manager the message against the HP printer the message is "Windows cannot load device drive for this hardware (code 39). The driver may be corrupted or missing.

Can you help please.

Madge

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I have tried this and the message is "no driver files have been backed up for this device.

Madge

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I have tried this and the message is "no driver files have been backed up for this device."

TRENDING THREADS