Will this fan be ok for my CM Hyper 212+

fl-gators-fan

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question for anyone's input. I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus heatsink cooling an I5-3570K & wanted to switch the main fan it came with to a Scythe Ultra Kaze "120mm" & heard from a friend that the one he has is rather heavy (don't know the actual weight) & was wanting to know if anyone knows if it will work good with the CM Hyper 212+ I have installed.

The Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm has amazing reviews on Newegg & since I'd like to do an OC on my CPU I would like to have a nice good fan to help cool things down.

Anyone with input that can help me out would be much appreciated :D

Here is the link to the Scythe Kaze 120mm fan on Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185054

Edit: I forgot to add that the Scythe Ultra Kaze is a little bit bigger then normal 120mm fans that's why I need a little help

Solution
The thing about setting a different fun in the Hyper 212+ are the mounting clips -- perhaps you will have to do some adaptation in order to fix the new fun, but at the end it should work fine! :)

Another thing to consider it the vibration.

The CM original fun comes with four small rubber at its extremities to avoid vibration -- with the new fun you can use double sided adhesive tape instead -- if you use it all along the fun, it will also help to keep the air flow.

AstroTC

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Doesn't really matter how 'big' it is once its a 120mm fan it will fit on the hyper 212+ all you have to do it swap the fan mounts that came with the cooler to your new fans and you're set

xtwiinky

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
does the fan have a 4pin connection? It might be fine with 3.. but if it only has 2 pins (like my psu) it will always run at full speed. This means it will be very very loud. My psu drove me crazy so I took it apart and put my own fan connecting to my fan controller/

Plus the fan on the 212 attaches by clips at the end.. so I doubt other fans will work.

I don't know if glueing or taping is a bad thing..

jemm

Distinguished
The thing about setting a different fun in the Hyper 212+ are the mounting clips -- perhaps you will have to do some adaptation in order to fix the new fun, but at the end it should work fine! :)

Another thing to consider it the vibration.

The CM original fun comes with four small rubber at its extremities to avoid vibration -- with the new fun you can use double sided adhesive tape instead -- if you use it all along the fun, it will also help to keep the air flow.

Solution

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009

Don't go around having too much fun.