Good budget AM3/AM3+ CPU cooler

I decided to get a new CPU cooler because although the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE's stock cooler is good, it is way to loud. I'm looking for a good, cheap AM3/AM3+ CPU cooler that will fit in the Zalman Z9 plus (midi case).I don't know how big the CPU cooler can be because I am unsure of the dimensions. The motherboard will be a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 AM3+. Any suggestions are welcome.
7 answers Last reply
More about good budget cooler
  1. Zalman Z9 plus´dimensions are 19.84" x 8.15" x 18.27" or (464 x 207 x 504 mm) -- the distance from the motherboard tray to the external panel is around 7" -- so a good CPU cooler should not be superior to 7".

Enermax ETD-T60 VEGAS DUO CPU Cooler (Down Flow) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214027
  2. Another thing you should consider is the distance between the memory and the CPU -- some cooler are do large that they end up touching the memory sticks, specially those memories with high profile heat spread.
  3. the dark knight has no issue clearing the dimms.
  4. bellybuttonmykol98 said:
    I decided to get a new CPU cooler because although the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE's stock cooler is good, it is way to loud. I'm looking for a good, cheap AM3/AM3+ CPU cooler that will fit in the Zalman Z9 plus (midi case).I don't know how big the CPU cooler can be because I am unsure of the dimensions. The motherboard will be a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 AM3+. Any suggestions are welcome.

YOu may try Thermalright Macho 120. By leaning towards rear of the case, the cooler will stay away from the high profile memory heat spreader.
  5. that will bang into the heatsink near the I.O panel - and will probably force OP to turn it around, introducing issues with the Dimms
  6. If none of the CPU coolers fit your case, then you can try a low profile one, which also won´t get into the memory heat spreader.

Scythe SCKC-2100 Grand Kama Cross Rev B Top-Flow http://www.amazon.com/Scythe-SCKC-2100-Grand-Top-Flow-Cooler/dp/B008A2T27M
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling CPUs Overclocking Product