How well does ATI Radeon 4850 run with The Sims 3?

almattitude_v1

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I am planning to purchase a new PC very soon, in the next day or so. HP is having a PC with ATI Radeon 4850 graphics card, and I just want to know if I can run The Sims 3 with full/high/maxed out settings?

I also heard rumours about 4850 and The Sims 3 having crashing issues, however I cant confirm that.

I hope I get a response ASAP, because over here in Malaysia Dell customising takes 2 weeks, and HP doesnt allow customising, and only offer the ATI Radeon 4850 with their HP Pavillion Elite desktop.

Also, f I do get the HP, and I change the graphics card myself, that would void the warranty right?

Thanks in advanced people!

Solution
The 4850 is a midrange gaming card from ATI's last generation. From what I understand is Sims3 is not that demanding and my guess is a 4850 will run this with absolutely no issues. However, if you run other games, the 4850 might not fair as well. If you intend to play the Sims and that is it, I wouldn't worry about it and get the 4850 if it is in your budget. However, if you want to make sure this PC can handle future games, I would look at something better. OR you can always just upgrade the 4850 down the road. If the PC handles the 4850 the PSU unit should be able to run further cards. My guess is the PC you are looking at is a good price, this is because the 4850 is selling at a pretty good price right now at least in the US...

almattitude_v1

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
What range is the 4850? High, mid or low? Is there any other graphics card that any of you might suggest instead of the 4850, or is that good enough for running The Sims 3? Even in maxed out settings?

almattitude_v1

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Sorry guys, but I'm a noob at this, and dont want to make a mistake purchasing a PC... I'm finally getting a new PC after soooooo long (about 7-8 years I believe) and just wana make sure i get a good one...

The 4850 is a midrange gaming card from ATI's last generation. From what I understand is Sims3 is not that demanding and my guess is a 4850 will run this with absolutely no issues. However, if you run other games, the 4850 might not fair as well. If you intend to play the Sims and that is it, I wouldn't worry about it and get the 4850 if it is in your budget. However, if you want to make sure this PC can handle future games, I would look at something better. OR you can always just upgrade the 4850 down the road. If the PC handles the 4850 the PSU unit should be able to run further cards. My guess is the PC you are looking at is a good price, this is because the 4850 is selling at a pretty good price right now at least in the US. It's a good card for a limited budget.

Solution