WinXP and Geforce 3 problem

Palpatine

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I made a clean install of WinXP professional yesterday. All went well, installed all the updates from windows update, d/l and installed via 4in1 4.35. The problem began when i tried to install the DetonatorXP 21.83. After the reboot XP would freeze after 10 secs and then they restarted. I tried the 21.85 and 21.88 with the same results. Also XP recognize the problem of the reboot as a geforce 3 driver problem.
I saw some faq for my Leadtek geforce 3 and the mobo BIOS settings. Tried them all with no luck. I used the fail safe BIOS setting, disabled AGPx4, shadows and everything else the human mind can think of and still no joy.
I changed the IRQs and the best i could do is shared IRQ for the gf3 and the VIA USB controller. I then disabled the USB mobo controller from the BIOS so that the VGA would not have any interrupts from the USB and again no joy.
Anyone knows if there is a problem with KT133A, Leadtek Gf3 and WinXP? Please help me, i really like the OS and i would hate switching back to WinME.

My computer:

Athlon 1400 @ 1470 (140x10.5)
MSI Turbo-R (2.9 Bios, VIA 4in1 4.35)
Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TDH
Soundblaster Live! (default winXP updated drivers)
Teac CD-R SCSI R45S
DVD Pioneer 106S
Adaptec SCSI controller (dont remember the model, i guess the cheapest one)
WD 200BB 20GB ATA100 7200rpm
Logitech Cordless Mouse
Generic Keyboard
512 MB generic Ram (two sticks of 256)
WinXP Professional

G

I would try a clean install without the 4in1 and just the video drivers. Make a system restore point before putting in the drivers (from help) if you need to try a different driver.