Intel i5 3570k Overclocking

Hi, I am overclocking my i5 3570k. I am currently at 4.1Ghz and am wondering how far I can go without changing the voltage, while keeping a stable overclock. I have a Corsair H60 liquid cooler and the max. temp. at 100% load is 56'C. So cooling is no issue. I have heard that anywhere between 4.3-4.5Ghz is max. without a voltage change, but I want to be certain.
5 answers Last reply
More about intel 3570k overclocking
  1. it depends on the chip. I've heard 4.2 without voltage. Just try it and see if it is stable. As long as the temps don't get too hot, as far as I understand it, you won't hurt your chip. Overvolting and overtemp is what kills chips.
  2. keep pushing it and running prime95 at each increment to check for stability and keep an eye on the temps.. with a modest voltage increase and a decent cooler like the 212evo or nh-d14 you can get 4.4-4.5ghz. without a voltage increase though i couldn't tell you what your max clock would likely be
  3. You can try 4.4GHz with stock voltage -- check the temps tough.
  4. How long should I run Prime 95 to make sure it is a stable? I just went to 4.2GHz and ran it for an hour no problem.
  5. If you really want to make sure, then leave it for at least 24 hours.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel Overclocking Cooling Intel i5