OC CPU has broke my graphics card? :/ Help please

hellohappy22

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Hi uys,

Today I installed my new CPU cooler and OC my CPU to 4.4GHz. Temps are stting aroung 32 idle and 46 max load.

Well I an my windows index, and my Graphics card rating has dropped from 7.3 to 6.4. ! Have I bust my graphics card? Any info would be great thanks!

WEI is idiotic. Don't worry about it. Seriously, it'll tell you different scores pretty much every time you run it.

If the gaming performance is still the same, it's just WEI being WEI (stupid, and untrustworthy).

jemm

Distinguished
I would not care about windows index experience -- but if it concerns you, then try running it again.

Check if your graphics card driver is up to date at the manufacturer web site.

hellohappy22

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Ran it again and back to 7.3 -.- Im am in agreement with you.. Its sh!t...
Also Afet my 1st OC About 2 hours in a got blue screen of death... should i just leave it and hope it dosemnt happen again? or do something about it? :)

Cheers

I'm guessing the voltage is just a bit too low on CPU.

hellohappy22

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012

I have a fx 4100, and have the vcore on auto. What do you think is sensible?
Also if it won't boot up, how do you reset CMOS ?

Thanks

I'm the wrong person to ask about voltage on AMD CPU's because anything I told you would be a pure "out of thin air" guess (I'm mainly an Intel guy, lol).

Anyway, you can reset the BIOS either by removing the battery for 30 seconds or so, or using the Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard. Just look in your manual to find where it's at for your board.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do something about it. If its crashed once, it will crash again.

Normally researching cpu voltage and memory settings relating to bandwidth and voltages will help you narrow down settings best for you, but it can take some time.

Can try Google any settings others have made with the same motherboard or if you can’t, finding a motherboard very similar to base your experiments with might help you.

From my experience, writing stuff down from others who have put their settings on youtube is a gamble but is the quickest, easiest way if you’re not too knowledgeable about all those other advanced settings like me, or dont have the time.

You never know, just by raising the vcore like DJ said might get you through.