Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

H50

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 11, 2010 1:56:38 AM

Hey guys, Ive been going back and forth fighting some heat with my 955 BE C3 processor.

With the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 92mm HSF, I was getting 40C Idle, and 59C Maxed with my standard clock and 1.35 vCore

This gave me very little headroom for OCing.

So I switched back to the stock HSF and managed to OC to 3.8 GHz with the same readings 40C Idle and 60C Max with 1.45 vCore

I found it strange that the Stock HSF would perform better than the after market HSF

Today I just installed a Corsair h50 with a Push/Pull fan set up (Sidenote, in an Antec 1200 Case, the radiator/fans have to go in the lower 120mm fan slot, the 200mm topfan prevents a top 120mm fan install)

I started it it up and got 33C idle with stock vCore/Clock

I OC'd to 3.9GHz with 1.5 vCore and Im getting 39C Idle and 51C Max.

Needless to say Im extremely happy.

More about : h50

a b à CPUs
April 11, 2010 2:31:55 AM

Good to know. However, IIRC, the max of the Phenom II X4s were 62C, and you were pushing it at 60C - remember in the future you shouldn't get above 55C, anything above that is critical. Somebody correc me if I'm wrong about >55C being bad for Phenom II Quads.

Do you really need 1.5 vcore, is it stable at lower voltages? Someone here got 3.8GHz on 1.28 vcore, C3 Phenom II X4 965 lol.
a c 159 à CPUs
April 11, 2010 3:02:22 AM

^The max temp of the X4 955 is 63C (that says AMD's web page).

Now, if you want run your processor OC 24/7, stay below 60C, but if you only want OC for a little, with 70C is fine.

For voltage, for the C2 revision is 1.5V and 1.4V for the C3 revision, but you can rise the voltage above that limit, but be sure that is not for 24/7 or could be a problem.

Finally, IMO I think that you waste your money in that junk LCS. I have a CM Hyper 212+ and I have the same temp that you have, even, with 4GHz my temp is 47C at 1.576V
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 11, 2010 3:06:18 AM

cmcghee358 said:
Hey guys, Ive been going back and forth fighting some heat with my 955 BE C3 processor.

With the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 92mm HSF, I was getting 40C Idle, and 59C Maxed with my standard clock and 1.35 vCore

This gave me very little headroom for OCing.

So I switched back to the stock HSF and managed to OC to 3.8 GHz with the same readings 40C Idle and 60C Max with 1.45 vCore

I found it strange that the Stock HSF would perform better than the after market HSF

Today I just installed a Corsair h50 with a Push/Pull fan set up (Sidenote, in an Antec 1200 Case, the radiator/fans have to go in the lower 120mm fan slot, the 200mm topfan prevents a top 120mm fan install)

I started it it up and got 33C idle with stock vCore/Clock

I OC'd to 3.9GHz with 1.5 vCore and Im getting 39C Idle and 51C Max.

Needless to say Im extremely happy.


You obviously did not do something right if you were getting the same temps with aftermarket + stock.



Anyone else find it funny the abundance of Corsair supporters have found their way on the website lately...? Huh... weird.

Back to topic: H50 is a ripoff you could have saved a lot of money and had the same temps as what its giving you.
April 11, 2010 3:19:59 AM

werxen said:
You obviously did not do something right if you were getting the same temps with aftermarket + stock.



Anyone else find it funny the abundance of Corsair supporters have found their way on the website lately...? Huh... weird.

Back to topic: H50 is a ripoff you could have saved a lot of money and had the same temps as what its giving you.


Seeing as this is my 1st Corsair product, Im not sure if I consider myself a "supporter"

All I was doing was giving information to those that cared.

From alot of reviews on the Freezer Pro 7 HSF, it is compatible with AM3 but it doesnt have good coverage for quad cores. In fact when I removed the FP7 I notced about 5mm box from each edge of the CPU where the HSF wasnt over.

And yeah I coulda got a 212, in fact with an Antec 1200 Case it probably would've rocked. But I had enough of "hoping" I got the right Air Cooler to jive with my system.

Also this room is the hottest in my house, in Arizona so even tho my AC is set at 74 degrees (F) this room stays above 80 until about 10 PM. This is what drives my idle temps of 35-40 but the fact that I cant even bust 51C with 1.5 vCore tells me this is working just fine
April 13, 2010 3:34:57 PM

+1 for the H50. I moved from a Coolermaster 212+ to the H50 just yesterday.

930 @ 3.8 and 1.25 was idling at 36 C on the 212, load average core was 73 C.

Dropped in the H50 last night. Ran it overnight. Min core was 38C, but max at load was only 63 C.

I expect things to improve once the paste settles, then I'll go for 4 Ghz.

Toughest part of the H50 install was figuring out airflow. I ended up reversing the front lower case fan to blow air out the front. Mounted an additional 120 mm exhaust in the front, in 3 open 5.25 external drive slots.

My case's side panel has 2 80 mm fans blowing onto the GPU and CPU area. I left the PSU as is, exhausting out the back. All internal temps are better than before, not just CPU.

Best of all, local BestBuy is selling the H50s for $59. (though in-store pickup lists them at $79 for some reason). Much better cooler than the 212, IMO. More room in the case, less weight on the socket/MB, and better cooling.

This is also my first Corsair purchase.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 6:47:03 PM

There is a difference between having a bad product and installing a product the wrong way. You guys can claim your opinions however you like but that does not mean jack when there are benchmarks done by reputable sites showing similar cooling for much less than the H50. You can buy whatever you want - be an uninformed consumer like everyone else. While you're at it go buy a 980x for gaming.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 7:03:02 PM

If you don't like the H50, fine, but why do you have to come into a forum and try to bash it after someone just had awesome success with it? Rather childish if you ask me. I just put a H50 on my Q8200, replacing my AC Freezer Xtreme rev 2. and dropped my temps over 10C, now I'm running at 23 idle and 45 under Prime (also my first Corsair purchase). I've been building systems since I had a Intel 386-40mhz so I think of myself as capable of mounting a HSF.

+1 to the H50, and +1 to all the people who have had success with it, even if the hater doesn't like the fact that the "piece of shiznit H50" is kicking air coolers asses!!!

Last I knew, I joined Tom's for and to support people. Why did you?

Woot!!
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 7:10:10 PM

Write a review of Megashadow v.s. H50 for us, TOM!
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 7:21:36 PM

@scottiemedic:

To be fair, let's compare H50 with Megashadow instead of Freezer extreme which is well known for its worse performance. In addition, don't forget that you have to pay extra for the coolant using H50.

Even H50 performs on par with Megashadow, it would not be a great buy considering the expensive total cost of coolant and H50 itself. Thus, H50 only makes sense to peoples who want to have minimum pressure on their MB even it performs on par with Megashadow IMO. Although I am one of these peoples, I do agree that H50 is too expensive for its performance.
April 13, 2010 7:37:34 PM

scottiemedic said:
If you don't like the H50, fine, but why do you have to come into a forum and try to bash it after someone just had awesome success with it? Rather childish if you ask me. I just put a H50 on my Q8200, replacing my AC Freezer Xtreme rev 2. and dropped my temps over 10C, now I'm running at 23 idle and 45 under Prime (also my first Corsair purchase). I've been building systems since I had a Intel 386-40mhz so I think of myself as capable of mounting a HSF.

+1 to the H50, and +1 to all the people who have had success with it, even if the hater doesn't like the fact that the "piece of shiznit H50" is kicking air coolers asses!!!

Last I knew, I joined Tom's for and to support people. Why did you?

Woot!!

Hear, hear! Well said.

My first build was a 286, crafted with love from parts carefully selected from COMPUTER SHOPPER magazine. But I guess the hater is right, I'm just a fumbling noob that needs protecting from myself. lol
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 8:23:57 PM

@Andy - The H50 is a sealed no maintenance system. No coolant costs involved. And I can only compare the AC Freezer Xtreme, cause that's what I had :p 

All I know is I put the H50 on, went into the BIOS, overclocked a poor overclocking chip over 30% (2.33 to 3.02Ghz) at 23 degrees celsius idle, 40 something maxed out, and have a stable, cold chip. It just bothers me how people come in whining and moaning about how bad the H50 is (and probably never tried it themselves), when post after post, I see people singing it's praise and how it's working for what they want. That's the key, IT WORKS for them/us. Sure, there are better coolers out there (and more expensive than $59.00), just like if I got a Core i7 920, someone who "ha ha" me cause I didn't get a 930 or something better.

Today it just got on my last nerve and I felt I had to say something or kick the dog, and the wife doesn't like when I do the latter, haha

Thanks for the venting, I feel better and am going to go kiss my little no good keeps my CPU cool H50 and fire up some FEAR2.

(Oh, and as far as the legitreview link you posted, enjoyed. If it works for me, I'm sticking with it and they're comparing apples and oranges. That review was done on a i7, I have a C2Q and cmcghee, the originator of this thread has a 955 BE).

I should write my own review, post it on the internet, then maybe I'd be credible.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 9:17:09 PM


CoolerMaster V10 and NH-U12P perfroms better than Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme???


I have seen many reviews show that Ultra 120 extreme is far better than V10 and Noctua NH-U12P.
We really need a review of Megashadow v.s. H50 from a reputable site like TOM or Anandtech.

scottiemedic said:
@Andy - The H50 is a sealed no maintenance system. No coolant costs involved.

Really?! I didn't know that.
OK. I will definitely sell my Megashadow and buy Corsair H50 if any Corsair Tech support can guaranty that H50 performs on par.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 9:26:54 PM

Here's what I have noticed:

A bunch of new members with a few posts here and there alongside a new guy claiming to be Corsair technical support have all of a sudden come on these forums and pumped up the H50 like never before. The H50 has NEVER been brought up here because anyone with a decent head on their shoulders knows its far too expensive for its performance. Duh. I call shenanigans on Corsair for assembling a team of idiots to come on forums and hype a product up like they are the average consumer. Screw that.

H50 is a waste and there are benchmarks to prove it. Until you can justify the cost - shut up. Nobody cares if you installed an H50 and got decent temps - for $80+ you better.
a c 159 à CPUs
April 13, 2010 9:43:11 PM

People, focus on the thread not in individual opinions. If U want discus about the H50, created a thread and do it there.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 9:49:02 PM

saint19 said:
People, focus on the thread not in individual opinions. If U want discus about the H50, created a thread and do it there.

Why should we? This thread is already about "H50" with its title as "H50". :) 
April 13, 2010 10:01:02 PM

werxen said:
Here's what I have noticed:

A bunch of new members with a few posts here and there alongside a new guy claiming to be Corsair technical support have all of a sudden come on these forums and pumped up the H50 like never before. The H50 has NEVER been brought up here because anyone with a decent head on their shoulders knows its far too expensive for its performance. Duh. I call shenanigans on Corsair for assembling a team of idiots to come on forums and hype a product up like they are the average consumer. Screw that.

H50 is a waste and there are benchmarks to prove it. Until you can justify the cost - shut up. Nobody cares if you installed an H50 and got decent temps - for $80+ you better.


I got a new CPU cooler that performs better than stock, or my Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7, and I wanted to share my experience.

I gather from your posts that you have never owned an H50. Fine. Great.

Maybe you got fired today, maybe your relationship is in shambles, I dont know. But you seem hell bent on bashing this product.

The benchmark that was posted earlier, well I don't know too much about all that. You see I never tried every single cooler on there. Have you?

What I am providing here is a personal recommendation, from my own experience.

I recommend a lot of my friends go to Discount Tire here in Phoenix, because they treated me fairly and did a good job. Are you going to dig up consumer reviews of Big O Tires, Pep Boys, Dave's Tire-Mart? Who cares, it's a personal opinion and recommendation.

/shrug
a c 159 à CPUs
April 13, 2010 10:04:12 PM

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking that the OP want advice about a cooler vs H50.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 10:16:29 PM

cmcghee358 said:
I got a new CPU cooler that performs better than stock, or my Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7, and I wanted to share my experience.

I gather from your posts that you have never owned an H50. Fine. Great.

Maybe you got fired today, maybe your relationship is in shambles, I dont know. But you seem hell bent on bashing this product.

The benchmark that was posted earlier, well I don't know too much about all that. You see I never tried every single cooler on there. Have you?

What I am providing here is a personal recommendation, from my own experience.

I recommend a lot of my friends go to Discount Tire here in Phoenix, because they treated me fairly and did a good job. Are you going to dig up consumer reviews of Big O Tires, Pep Boys, Dave's Tire-Mart? Who cares, it's a personal opinion and recommendation.

/shrug


Its a STUPID opinion considering the price/performance. You just don't understand anything, do you? It is OVERPRICED for its PERFORMANCE. I'm friggin GLAD you got decent cooling but you paid TOO MUCH for it. Yay. You can get 30+ FPS with a 980x does that mean that everyone should get a 980x to get 30+ fps on crysis? NO. There are much better price/performance products out there. Seriously shut up at this point you are arguing nothing but 'personal opinions'. Your opinion is crap. Benchmarks + $$ talks, not your opinions.
April 13, 2010 10:27:30 PM

werxen said:
Its a STUPID opinion considering the price/performance. You just don't understand anything, do you? It is OVERPRICED for its PERFORMANCE. I'm friggin GLAD you got decent cooling but you paid TOO MUCH for it. Yay. You can get 30+ FPS with a 980x does that mean that everyone should get a 980x to get 30+ fps on crysis? NO. There are much better price/performance products out there. Seriously shut up at this point you are arguing nothing but 'personal opinions'. Your opinion is crap. Benchmarks + $$ talks, not your opinions.


I would argue otherwise. Obviously the opinions of owners means quite a bit. Why else do we have Customer Reviews of products?

and lol @ my opinion is STUPID.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 10:42:48 PM

cmcghee358 said:
I would argue otherwise. Obviously the opinions of owners means quite a bit. Why else do we have Customer Reviews of products?

and lol @ my opinion is STUPID.


http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/254811-29-noctua-u12p...

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=198071

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/corsair_coolin...


You can spend $80 and get the H50:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Or you can be wise and spend $65 and get the megahalem:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Which also beats it.

You are just wrong.
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 11:26:50 PM

The $15 extra would be worth it if H50 does perform on par with Megahalem, considering it puts minimum pressure on MB and good for not well ventilated cases.
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 2:31:39 AM

And how absolutely quiet it is compared to a tower air cooler. And smaller. and I found them for $66. I'm done. Some people want you to believe their opinion and take it as gospel, but when another point of view comes up, they go into Wonder Twins power activate, in the form of bashing.

So what if we want to pay more for it. I think it's rediculous to spend $300 on a video card and people do it everyday, because they want to.

BTW, I got mine used from a friend for $30, so it was a steal, but I would have spent $80 on it now that I know the performance boost I got.
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 6:11:51 AM

scottiemedic said:
And how absolutely quiet it is compared to a tower air cooler. And smaller. and I found them for $66. I'm done. Some people want you to believe their opinion and take it as gospel, but when another point of view comes up, they go into Wonder Twins power activate, in the form of bashing.

So what if we want to pay more for it. I think it's rediculous to spend $300 on a video card and people do it everyday, because they want to.

BTW, I got mine used from a friend for $30, so it was a steal, but I would have spent $80 on it now that I know the performance boost I got.

How can H50 be quieter? It also comes with a fan and you would need two high rpm fans for maximum performance.
April 14, 2010 6:18:55 AM

andy5174 said:
How can H50 be quieter? It also comes with a fan and you would need two high rpm fans for maximum performance.


It's definately quieter than my Freezer Pro 7, for one the fan only runs at about 1100 RPMs. When I was researching it, most of the information I had said it was quieter as well.

Also in a round-about way it quieted down my entire case. When I no longer needed case air to run air across my HSF, I could turn all my case fans to their lowest settings.

Meaning the H50 is quieter by design, and as a side effect the case gets quieter due to lack of demand for airflow.

Obviously I still need "some" air for my HDDs and GPU, but in an Antec 1200 case, all the fans at max is pretty loud. With them all reduced its much quieter. In fact even with them at the lowest speeds, I still can't hear the H50 going.
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 7:06:24 AM

.........freezer 7 pro again

Please make fair comparison. Most popular HSF these days come with 120mm fans which run much quieter than freezer7pro's 90mm fan.
April 14, 2010 7:17:28 AM

andy5174 said:
.........freezer 7 pro again

Please make fair comparison. Most popular HSF these days come with 120mm fans which run much quieter than freezer7pro's 90mm fan.


Unfortunately Stock HSF, and the Freezer Pro are the only ones I have any experience with. Like I said when I was doing my research there was a chart that showed dB.

I'm at work right now and I am severely restricted on what I can access.

Once again, this post as well as this thread is just my own experience with the H50.
a c 159 à CPUs
April 14, 2010 1:14:04 PM

In some forums the H50 isn't classified as LCS because don't give you the possibility to add a GPU water block and NB water block without void the warranty.
April 15, 2010 3:13:01 AM

scottiemedic said:
And how absolutely quiet it is compared to a tower air cooler. And smaller. and I found them for $66. I'm done. Some people want you to believe their opinion and take it as gospel, but when another point of view comes up, they go into Wonder Twins power activate, in the form of bashing.

So what if we want to pay more for it. I think it's rediculous to spend $300 on a video card and people do it everyday, because they want to.

BTW, I got mine used from a friend for $30, so it was a steal, but I would have spent $80 on it now that I know the performance boost I got.

BestBuy is currently selling H50s for $59 in-store.

That's a great value. I bumped my 930 up to 4 Ghz last night, at 1.26 V. My max core temp is 62C.

For $60, I got my $199 i7 930 (MicroCenter) to 4.0 Ghz at 62C. That's a stable, every-day OC of 1.2 Ghz for a measely $60.

That seems like a good value to me.
April 15, 2010 3:25:38 AM

werxen said:
Its a STUPID opinion considering the price/performance. You just don't understand anything, do you? It is OVERPRICED for its PERFORMANCE. I'm friggin GLAD you got decent cooling but you paid TOO MUCH for it. Yay. You can get 30+ FPS with a 980x does that mean that everyone should get a 980x to get 30+ fps on crysis? NO. There are much better price/performance products out there. Seriously shut up at this point you are arguing nothing but 'personal opinions'. Your opinion is crap. Benchmarks + $$ talks, not your opinions.

You and your post are an outstanding example of an individual who has confused posting rate with experience/wisdom.

New to a forum does not equal new to technology. Case in point, I'm an EE who has forgotten more about electronics and microcircuitry than most people will ever care to know.

Building an OC'd computer was a low-cost, fun, and educational opportunity to share with my kids. This isn't my life, but it's been a nice distraction. Now that I'm stable at 4 Ghz and a low max core temp, I'll button this PC up and forget about OCing until I build my next computer in 5 to 6 years.

Bottom line: H50 GOOD. Self-aggrandizing forum mini-kings: BAD.

Thanks and best of luck to all those who dealt a smack down to this dork.

a b à CPUs
April 15, 2010 3:56:43 AM

IIIAWOLIII said:
You and your post are an outstanding example of an individual who has confused posting rate with experience/wisdom.

New to a forum does not equal new to technology. Case in point, I'm an EE who has forgotten more about electronics and microcircuitry than most people will ever care to know.

Building an OC'd computer was a low-cost, fun, and educational opportunity to share with my kids. This isn't my life, but it's been a nice distraction. Now that I'm stable at 4 Ghz and a low max core temp, I'll button this PC up and forget about OCing until I build my next computer in 5 to 6 years.

Bottom line: H50 GOOD. Self-aggrandizing forum mini-kings: BAD.

Thanks and best of luck to all those who dealt a smack down to this dork.


You and your H50 supporting fanboys are morons.

Cost vs. performance noob. Your 'liquid cooling' cant even keep up with top notch air cooling. You can come on here saying whatever you want trying to bump up a product that has a horrible price/performance which is a BENCHMARKED FACT. Nobody cares about your past experience. Your past experience does not dictate price of current products.

You need to look up the posts I made above before coming on here talking nonsense you silly nooblit. You say your an electrical engineer? Maybe you should switch to being an economist so you can save some $$$ here and there. Better yet go back to Corsair forums.
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2010 9:09:36 AM

Since you like links, here are the links you posted and some new ones by me:


http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/254811-29-noctua-u12p...

Not a 'benchmarked fact', just another forum full of opinions...


http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=198071

Shows the H50 staying on par with a 'high end' Cooler Master V8 air cooler according to their page...


http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/corsair_coolin...

Maximum PC gives it a 9/10. Thanks for supporting our view. The third opinion by kiaghi7 is the most objective IMO.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Offset if you shop around and go somewhere besides NewThiefs, ie see this link, $66.00 new (same price as your touted cooler):

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=corsair+h50&rl...


Megahalem for $70.00 (List Price $88.00). You can always make the price 'look' high if you want on any component.

http://www.technps.com/liquid-cooling/cpu-fans/prolimat...


Here's what an objective forum looks like, not the pathetic thread this has turned into:

http://www.overclock.net/other-cooling-discussions/6438...


And here is a doozy, the Megahalem head to head with the H50 from a reputable comparing site:

http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling/609119-updated-off...

Stock
IBT- Mega wins
Gaming- Mega wins
Idle- H50 exhaust wins


3.9ghz Hyperthreading On
IBT- H50 exhaust wins
Gaming- Mega wins
Idle- H50 intake wins


4.1ghz Hyperthreading Off
IBT- H50 exhaust wins
Gaming- Mega wins
Idle- H50 exhaust wins


As you can see they both trade blows, the mega does better while playing games when only part of the cpu is used, the H50 exhaust does better during the Intel Burn Tests and they swap blows on Idle(but Idle results are very inaccurate no matter how you look at it).

Pro's and Con's

H50 Pro's
*Small- Good for smaller cases and ram with high heat spreaders
*Good for window cases- Temps are the same in IBT with side fan & window
*Easy to Install
*Good price/performance ratio

H50 Con's
*Push/Pull on 38mm fans difficult to mount- had to use zip ties
*Pump could go out/unit could leak

Mega Pro's
*Better cooling if running your cpu on stock settings
*Had lower temps while gaming
*Easy to Install
*Good price/performance ratio

Mega Con's
*Big- May not fit in all cases
*Need for good airflow- If your case has bad airflow it might not cool as well
*May have to pay extra for mounting brackets for your cpu
*Have to pay extra for 38mm fan clips or make your own if using 38mm fans



Conclusion:
Both coolers appear to do great for the money. I think it just comes down to case airflow, case size, ram size and personal taste in looks. I do not see either of these 2 coolers achieving a higher overclock then the other.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Face it dude, these coolers are LITERALLY within 2-3 degrees celsius and dollars of each other, no matter which way you go, so let it go man. The cooler you are so hell bent on selling (are you a Megahelam salesperson?) is no better NOR no worse than an H50. They are similar in price, performance and most every other category except one, the H50 will more than likely fit in your case, the Mega, maybe so maybe not. I really think you ought to concede that you are no more right than you are wrong, and try it for yourself before you go gung-ho on how bad something is and spit venom in faces of people calling them 'Corsair nooblits'. NO website or benchmark I have ever seen has rated the H50 as a high end liquid cooler, those cost big bucks. But for the money, I'll take the little bitty pump on my cpu over a 1 pound block of metal pulling on my cpu mounts.

Can some mod please close this link, there is nothing productive to come out of it anymore.

To think, someone just wanted an atta-boy for his build, and it's turned into this, kinda sad if you think about it...

CMCGHEE, atta-boy brother, congrats on your rig kicking a...
April 15, 2010 9:15:25 AM

scottiemedic said:
Since you like links, here are the links you posted and some new ones by me:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/254811-29-noctua-u12p...

Not a 'benchmarked fact', just another forum full of opinions...

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=198071

Shows the H50 staying on par with a 'high end' Cooler Master V8 air cooler according to their page...


http://www.maximumpc.com/article/reviews/corsair_coolin...

Maximum PC gives it a 9/10. Thanks for supporting our view. The third opinion by kiaghi7 is the most objective IMO.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Offset if you shop around and go somewhere besides NewThiefs, ie see this link, $66.00 new (same price as your touted cooler):

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=corsair+h50&rl...


Megahalem for $70.00 (List Price $88.00). You can always make the price 'look' high if you want on any component.

http://www.technps.com/liquid-cooling/cpu-fans/prolimat...

And here is a doozy, the Megahalem head to head with the H50 from a reputable comparing site:

http://www.overclock.net/air-cooling/609119-updated-off...

Stock
IBT- Mega wins
Gaming- Mega wins
Idle- H50 exhaust wins


3.9ghz Hyperthreading On
IBT- H50 exhaust wins
Gaming- Mega wins
Idle- H50 intake wins


4.1ghz Hyperthreading Off
IBT- H50 exhaust wins
Gaming- Mega wins
Idle- H50 exhaust wins


As you can see they both trade blows, the mega does better while playing games when only part of the cpu is used, the H50 exhaust does better during the Intel Burn Tests and they swap blows on Idle(but Idle results are very inaccurate no matter how you look at it).

Pro's and Con's

H50 Pro's
*Small- Good for smaller cases and ram with high heat spreaders
*Good for window cases- Temps are the same in IBT with side fan & window
*Easy to Install
*Good price/performance ratio

H50 Con's
*Push/Pull on 38mm fans difficult to mount- had to use zip ties
*Pump could go out/unit could leak

Mega Pro's
*Better cooling if running your cpu on stock settings
*Had lower temps while gaming
*Easy to Install
*Good price/performance ratio

Mega Con's
*Big- May not fit in all cases
*Need for good airflow- If your case has bad airflow it might not cool as well
*May have to pay extra for mounting brackets for your cpu
*Have to pay extra for 38mm fan clips or make your own if using 38mm fans



Conclusion:
Both coolers appear to do great for the money. I think it just comes down to case airflow, case size, ram size and personal taste in looks. I do not see either of these 2 coolers achieving a higher overclock then the other.

Face it dude, these coolers are LITERALLY within 2-3 degrees celsius and dollars of each other, no matter which way you go, so let it go man. The cooler you are so hell bent on selling (are you a Megahelam salesperson?) is no better NOR no worse than an H50. They are similar in price, performance and most every other category except one, the H50 will more than likely fit in your case, the Mega, maybe so maybe not. I really think you ought to concede that you are no more right than you are wrong, and try it for yourself before you go gung-ho on how bad something is and spit venom in faces of people calling them 'Corsair nooblits'. NO website or benchmark I have ever seen has rated the H50 as a high end liquid cooler, those cost big bucks. But for the money, I'll take the little bitty pump on my cpu over a 1 pound block of metal pulling on my cpu mounts.

Can some mod please close this link, there is nothing productive to come out of it anymore.

To think, someone just wanted an atta-boy for his build, and it's turned into this, kinda sad if you think about it...

CMCGHEE, atta-boy brother, congrats on your rig kicking a...


Wow nicely put together, unfortunately some of the links are blocked by the firewall here on base :/ 

Once again, I didn't come here to say the H50 was the end all be all of coolers. I simply wanted to share my positive experience with it, especially considering I was having heat issues with Stock and the Freezer Pro.

I would hope a mod wouldn't have to close this thread. It's fairly easy to hold your feelings in abatement to simply discuss a particular part.

If all this was spun up by my simple thread on 1 cooler out of 100, I can only imagine the rage that goes on between AMD v. Intel!

Thanks for taking the time to come on here and provide your opinion as well. On a side note, after looking over my case, I have lied. I do own another Corsair product. 4 GB of my RAM is Corsair. Shame on me.
a b à CPUs
April 15, 2010 9:45:21 AM

Now I have to REALLY stress my cooler to the limit, we'll see how it does under the load of Turbo Tax 2009 with 21 hours left until the Feds start charging me compounded interest for not meeting the April 15th deadline!!!

I'll report my temps tomorrow :p 
April 15, 2010 10:21:18 AM

scottiemedic said:
Now I have to REALLY stress my cooler to the limit, we'll see how it does under the load of Turbo Tax 2009 with 21 hours left until the Feds start charging me compounded interest for not meeting the April 15th deadline!!!

I'll report my temps tomorrow :p 


Good luck!
!