Sign in with
Your question

Help! First Time Build 1366 x58 mobo Advice needed

Last response: in Motherboards
September 7, 2010 3:39:16 PM

Hey Guys,

First Build and I am looking for a MoBo to best suit my needs. I dont have alot of experience in the MoBo field so any help you guys can provide would be very helpful!

System Usage: Heavy gaming, want max settings at 1920 and the ability to go to 3d vision when monitors/glasses drop in prices abit.
Overclocking- A little. I want to mildly overlock my CPU and GPU.

CPU- Intel I7- 950
GPU- Galaxy 470 x2 for SLI-
Memory- G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
HD- Samsung 1tb
PSU- Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-850 850W ATX Continuous Power Power Supply
Case- Cooler Master Storm Sniper ATX

I need a quality MoBo that I can work with easily to SLI my two cards ( 16x8x works for me). I know that the 470s reference run hot so any kind of extra room would be great. I would like sata 6 usb 3.0. In addition I have only OC'd one comp before with a friend so any MoBo that is OC friendly I would love.

Budget- 200-290.. bang for your buck is always great.. but i do prefer quality as an extra 30 dollars on a system i plan on keeping for 3 years is well worth it to me.
September 11, 2010 3:47:13 AM

takiatriwo said:
Hey Guys,

First Build and I am looking for a MoBo to best suit my needs. I dont have alot of experience in the MoBo field so any help you guys can provide would be very helpful!

System Usage: Heavy gaming, want max settings at 1920 and the ability to go to 3d vision when monitors/glasses drop in prices abit.
Overclocking- A little. I want to mildly overlock my CPU and GPU.

CPU- Intel I7- 950
GPU- Galaxy 470 x2 for SLI-
Memory- G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
HD- Samsung 1tb
PSU- Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-850 850W ATX Continuous Power Power Supply
Case- Cooler Master Storm Sniper ATX

I need a quality MoBo that I can work with easily to SLI my two cards ( 16x8x works for me). I know that the 470s reference run hot so any kind of extra room would be great. I would like sata 6 usb 3.0. In addition I have only OC'd one comp before with a friend so any MoBo that is OC friendly I would love.

Budget- 200-290.. bang for your buck is always great.. but i do prefer quality as an extra 30 dollars on a system i plan on keeping for 3 years is well worth it to me.

Hello friend. Since its your first build why don't you read all the toms "Build Your Own" articles. They cover many different builds, test them against each other and rate them.

You have the advantage here of being sure the different components work well together. I just finished my first build. I followed the "Build Your Own", March $1500.00 build. The computer is working great. Just a thought for you. good luck
!