Folks I have never been this confused to date..help!

complearning123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I have spent so many hours on this problem I am even ashamed to try and count em all up. I have a fiiend who is older and lives by himself and he had never touched a computer in his life. He was, in the beginning scared to touch it. He's over that ...but his computer ran into problems, the motherboard died, so I told him I had one that someone had gfiven me and I would place it in there for him. Perfect fit, no problem there. Got everything working....EXCEPT...the sound....

It is an asus a7v133 no letters just that. I have never seen a motherboard like it, with all the switches and the jumbers and the bells and the whistles....it could be a carnival! Except its not funny. :(

It has online codecs and online lan and i dont knoow what im doing when im confronted with all that ...I have difficulty getting the led pins straight.lol...thats y i come to you.

Can someone pls help me help my friend? I dont come to you without some perspiration on my own, believe me, I have sweated ....google and I have sweated buckets over this one....Poor friend , I have had his computer for two weeks now.... thank you in advance for any and all assistance and guidance you myay offer.

Sincerely,
Stephen aka complearning123

Solution
Have you checked drivers.

I remember with these older boards I would occasionally have problems with the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. Problem being that it wouldn't get installed with the sound driver.

It was that it ( the driver for High Definition Audio) had to be installed, but it didn't come with the driver, so you had to download it seperatly.

Maybe the onboard audio is fubared as well.

stuckless

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Have you checked drivers.

I remember with these older boards I would occasionally have problems with the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver. Problem being that it wouldn't get installed with the sound driver.

It was that it ( the driver for High Definition Audio) had to be installed, but it didn't come with the driver, so you had to download it seperatly.

Maybe the onboard audio is fubared as well.

Solution

complearning123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I am so confused about the online things. It says you may use them if you wish in the namual and honestly I am a newbie and I don't know what it has and doesnt have. But , I love to learn! And boy is this mob teaching me!

I too, have experienced a audio driver problem in the past. The problem I had was that the driver on the disc would install, and Windows XP would recognize the driver as installed, yet the sound wouldn't work. To fix it, I downloaded an updated driver.

You can check to see the driver version you have by going into the Device Manager ->scroll down to the audio device -> right click -> select Properties

Alternatively, you could buy a Sound Card and install it. This would be used instead of the onboard audio device.

complearning123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I meant onboard things....like the onboard codec and the jumper/jumperless option and the endless pegs and jumpers...lol....it gets confusing.....I think you are correct but someone told me that the manual for this motherboard gave incorrect information (misprint) about some of the drivers needed.

I finally gave up and moved on to other things but I will return to it and use the info that you and the other person gave me to once again tackle the daunting darned board!

Thank you,

complearning123

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Thank you for your informative response. I have moved on to other things at present but will return to this daunting project when i have free tinker time. I appreciate your assistance.

TRENDING THREADS