kman2010

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
I just bought and installed a Netgear N wireless router to improve the data speed problems with working on my online website, and playing online poker (yeh!). It works much better than the Belkin G I had before. I am still having problems with my G adapter in my Gateway MT4640 AMD TK-53 freezing up. Checked all the dianositics and it says to keep resetting my adapter or or reconnecting to the router. That works fine except I am losing data and having to restart website tonight each time to get back to the place where I was working.

Can I change the card to a N with no problems? I just bought an Intell WiFi Link 1000 because purchaser being happy with it, but I don't know if he had an Intell Processor. Tried Gateway and Realtek (they made my current card), but they either can't figure it out or aren't returning my emails.

Help anybody? :pt1cable:

Solution
If its a PCI plugin NIC then yes, just uninstall the old drivers, shutdown, replace hardware and install new dirver, then configure for network.

If connected to motherboard, do the above, but disable in bios.

kman2010

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010

Thanks Stig, I'll do it and get back to you. :)

kman2010

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hey Stig, finally got a moment to install. Was easy. Works great, better than ever before and faster. Just uninstalled driver, shut it down, took off little door on back, removed one hold down screw, gently removed to little antenna wire clips, slid it out, and installed new one using included cd with new driver. Whole thing took less than 10 minutes. Thanks again. You were so helpful. By the way, Gateway replied to my second email, still had no clue what I was talking about. I wonder if that is normal from them?