WichitaKid

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Hello,
I have a Windows 2003 Std SP2 print server. One of the print queues is for Kyocera FS-3900DN. When the user tries to install the printer, the queue will not install the driver, so windows XP doesn't think the printer exist. The printer can be installed manually using the IP address, and is able to print.

ktownmike

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Sure, first you assign the IP address to the printer, then add printers, local port tcpip port, then enter the ip address, then pick the printer if listed, or go to the previously (ha ha) downloaded drivers.

WichitaKid

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Here's more information. The print queue is setup on a Windows 2003 print server. I have setup a DNS entry for the print queue. There is also a printer group assigned, and Desktop Authority is being used to add the printer to the local workstation. Desktop Authority does not add the drivers. Once the User logs into the domain, depending on what groups are assigned to the printer/print queue, printers are added. The queue is not installing the driver hence, Windows XP doesn't think there is a printer. If you use the printer IP address, the printer and driver are installed. Printer prints without issue. The printer is a Kyocera FS-3900DN, driver being used on the print queue FS-3900DN KX. I have also used driver FS-3900DN and still have the same issue. BTW, yes I know how to setup a network printer, on a local workstation.

Thanks
WichitaKid

WichitaKid

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I found the cause of the problem. It was not related to the print queue. Below is what was found.

application event log event ID 0, nview_info. “nview_info is the nView Desktop Manager of your nVidia graphics card. This message is related to drivers for graphic cards with NVIDIA chipsets. So I had the PC tech download the latest driver from NVIDIA, rebooted the workstation and print driver downloaded and printer started working. Strange that this would cause an issue with a print driver.

Thanks WichitaKid

TRENDING THREADS