Hp pavilion dv6000 drivers for Windows XP Pro

mrstyxjdm

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I have a HP Pavillion with Windows XP Pro installed, which formally had Vista installed as it came from HP when I purchased the laptop.

I'm experiencing problems with the execution of Windows Media Player, and in general with MP3 files, and video files not playing at all since installing Windows XP Pro. I have to resort to other applications to get video files to play, and when I double click WMP to execute an MP3, nothing happens. If right click and select, OPEN WITH WMP, then the file plays right away.

Can you offer any suggestions to overcome this problem? Thanks.

e-mail: mrstyxjdm@gmail.com

mrstyxjdm

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012

I have all installed that you ask in your assumptions. However, the video driver software that I'm currently using is NVIDIA. I used this same video software with my previous desktop that was running Windows 7 with all service packs installed and latest updates, etc., and had none of these issues what so ever.

The fact that I have to right click on a MP3, and select open with option and point to the WMP to execute it, is very weird to me. I even down loaded the latest conexant drivers and installed them. No change in behavior.