Another preview + 4 new pictures (spoiler: New monster in ..

Read here (german):
http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/action/17176/

Use altavistas babelfish for translation.

jay

That's not a new monster. It's my ex without makeup.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:39:56 GMT, "Halbermensch"
<Halbermenschnoemailhas@com.com> wrote:

>Read here (german):
>http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/action/17176/
>
>Use altavistas babelfish for translation.

# Reply-to address encrypted. Or fake. Whatever.
# Yes, I'm a top-poster. Get modern.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:39:56 GMT, "Halbermensch"
<Halbermenschnoemailhas@com.com> wrote:

>http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/action/17176/

Wow - looks like they play with the gamma ALL the way up - Garret's
cloak looks almost bleached white.

And what's with all the carrots ?

Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> writes:

> Wow - looks like they play with the gamma ALL the way up - Garret's
> cloak looks almost bleached white.

Good for them :) Seriously, screenshots taken from a dark game that's
played in a dark room do not show up very well on a web site when
viewed in a flourescently illuminated cubical. Almost all of the
screenshots from Thief 3 that I've seen previous are far too dark for
me to tell what's going on.

--
Darin Johnson
Where am I? In the village... What do you want? Information...

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:00:12 GMT, Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote:

>Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> writes:
>
>> Wow - looks like they play with the gamma ALL the way up - Garret's
>> cloak looks almost bleached white.
>
>Good for them :) Seriously, screenshots taken from a dark game that's
>played in a dark room do not show up very well on a web site when
>viewed in a flourescently illuminated cubical. Almost all of the
>screenshots from Thief 3 that I've seen previous are far too dark for
>me to tell what's going on.

I just load the images into a graphics program and alter the gamma level
so I can see all the details.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:25:42 GMT, Michael Cecil
<macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:00:12 GMT, Darin Johnson <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote:
>>Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> writes:
>>
>>> Wow - looks like they play with the gamma ALL the way up - Garret's
>>> cloak looks almost bleached white.
>>
>>Good for them :) Seriously, screenshots taken from a dark game that's
>>played in a dark room do not show up very well on a web site when
>>viewed in a flourescently illuminated cubical. Almost all of the
>>screenshots from Thief 3 that I've seen previous are far too dark for
>>me to tell what's going on.
>
>I just load the images into a graphics program and alter the gamma level
>so I can see all the details.

That's what I do but replace the word 'just' with 'have the
irritating nuisance of having to'. I've never understood this
gamma difference between systems. I mean, why isn't the web page
dark as well?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:39:56 GMT, "Halbermensch"
<Halbermenschnoemailhas@com.com> wrote:

>Read here (german):
>http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/action/17176/
>
>Use altavistas babelfish for translation.

Here's a link... http://world.altavista.com/

'idg' image file? that's a new one on me. I was a little
concerned but my image viewer can handle them.

I like these images; they have probably been sharpened up later
but they look almost illustrations from an old book.

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:39:56 GMT, "Halbermensch"
<Halbermenschnoemailhas@com.com> wrote:

>Read here (german):
>http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/action/17176/
>
>Use altavistas babelfish for translation.

Imagine fighting that guy in the 4th picture with just a dagger!
Clear incentive to play stealthy I reckon!

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:39:56 GMT, "Halbermensch"
<Halbermenschnoemailhas@com.com> wrote:

>Read here (german):
>http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/action/17176/
>
>Use altavistas babelfish for translation.

Can anyone translate the last sentence of Page 3 better?
Babelfish gives....

"Again and very practically: Saved may now locks attach, in
order to lock up for instance guards. "

....which suggests possibly one CAN relock doors which we
understood before was not possible. I wondered if they changed
it.

Hi!

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:11:33 +0100, Fidcal
<trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net> wrote:

[...]
>Can anyone translate the last sentence of Page 3 better?
>Babelfish gives....
>
>"Again and very practically: Saved may now locks attach, in
>order to lock up for instance guards. "
>
>...which suggests possibly one CAN relock doors which we
>understood before was not possible. I wondered if they changed
>it.
[...]

....Garret can now also attach locks, to lock up guards...

Hhmmm.. nice feature...hehehe...

bye
Chris

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:11:33 +0100, Fidcal
<trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net> wrote:
>> <SNIP>
>Can anyone translate the last sentence of Page 3 better?
> <SNIP>

Hey! Thanks for responses. Sounds good to me!

"Fidcal" <trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:39:56 GMT, "Halbermensch"
> <Halbermenschnoemailhas@com.com> wrote:
>
> >Read here (german):
> >http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/action/17176/
> >
> >Use altavistas babelfish for translation.
> >
> Can anyone translate the last sentence of Page 3 better?
> Babelfish gives....
>
> "Again and very practically: Saved may now locks attach, in
> order to lock up for instance guards. "
>
> ...which suggests possibly one CAN relock doors which we
> understood before was not possible. I wondered if they changed
> it.

I'm not German, but I'll give it a shot:
"New and very useful: Garrett can now himself lock doors, in order to trap
guards."
As I read the sentence you may even be able to lock a door that was open to
begin with. But then again my German isn't perfect.