Sign in with
Your question

Problems in Network

Last response: in Networking
January 10, 2010 5:16:35 AM

I have a small office network. The network consists of 6 separate offices installed in separate switches (3 Com) and all switches connected are connected to a single switch and a connection to a Linksys Router from it. The router is connected to Internet and all users are accessing internet. There are around 50 users are on the network.

The problem is the internet connectivity stops for all users frequently (in 30 minutes, sometime 1 hour, etc). The problem will solve when I switch off and then on the linksys router.

How can I solve this problem?

More about : problems network

Anonymous
January 10, 2010 10:37:10 AM

Get a better router.
January 10, 2010 12:50:03 PM

Thank you for the reply. We tried with another Router, same story. We connected the internet connection through a server with out router, same type of problems. The network will stop for some time and after restarting the server, everything will be ok.
Related resources
Anonymous
January 10, 2010 12:59:00 PM

What type of Internet service do you have? Have you contacted your ISP?
January 10, 2010 1:28:42 PM

We are using satellite internet connection which is working well. The modem is still connected when internal network is down. ISP says there is not problem from their side.
Is it possible to split the network with more linksys routers, to reduce the network load.

Anonymous
January 10, 2010 1:36:42 PM

I've never seen satellite internet work well. If you have that many computers, you're better off with a business class router like a Netopia. I didn't think adding more Linksys routers will solve the problem.
!