Sign in with
Your question

Windows media center edition

Last response: in Windows XP
September 13, 2012 9:06:23 PM

Hello,
is there a version of windows media center edition that isnt professional..
September 13, 2012 10:12:42 PM

No, and you cannot purchase it separately from a media center computer.
m
l
September 13, 2012 10:20:00 PM

lets say an idiot computer tech installed windows xp home not a clean install....what could i do to get it back to the original windows media center edition..no installation disk...company cant send me an extra..and ive tried to find one with no luck..even found others like it but didnt seem to work..over 14 downloads..btw not me..lets see explorer 8 was installed with out my knowledge and when u started up the main system files..dll files weren't any where to be found...errors were popping up so i sent it to a computer tech just to see what they could do bc i didnt have any systems disk..or operating systems..apparently system restore didnt work..or system recovery didnt work so thats what he decided to do..with out me knowing..all my files and programs are on a separate folder..but my programs have certain passwords and serials and they dont work..work on xp home..i need to reinstall them..but i brought them long ago..i moved and most of my programs and disk disappeared..so im at a loss..is there anyway to recover my lost operating system..all i know is there are 2 windows files..and separate accounts from the one i have now..that i cant access anymore
m
l
Related resources
September 13, 2012 11:36:15 PM

Is that an HP? If so, then it originally came with a recovery partition that can be accessed at boot time. That is, of course, unless the 'idiot tech' formatted the entire drive and wiped out the recovery partition. . .
m
l
September 14, 2012 12:21:16 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
Is that an HP? If so, then it originally came with a recovery partition that can be accessed at boot time. That is, of course, unless the 'idiot tech' formatted the entire drive and wiped out the recovery partition. . .

its a dell inspiron 310..and i think it has a factory setting to reset itbut i cant access it..ive tried the hole ctrl f11
m
l
September 14, 2012 7:12:45 PM

max00cool said:
its a dell inspiron 310..and i think it has a factory setting to reset itbut i cant access it..ive tried the hole ctrl f11

Then the partition was likely wiped out when XP Home was installed.
m
l
!