Im noob! on oc 6100

villo08

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
hello all. im new at oc let me first start with the rig i have

i have fx6100, a corsair formula V, 8gb vengeance blue 1600, ocz fatality 750 , case is a tt dukker lite with 5 gentle typhoon fans. i have aftermarket cooler xigmatek s1283, asus hd 6950 2gb

at the moment i have use the multiplier to get it up to 4.00, disable: Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1E, C6 and APM, it boots up fine. and when i run the stability test for about 4 hrs on aida 64 temps go up to 61c, how ever when i run prime 95 temps go up to 60c in less than 4mins and i freak out and shut it down. when i play it does not go above 57c like borderlands 2 or alan wake, arkahm city all maxed out .

im a complete noob on oc but i want to learn and get to do it the proper way . i have been told is better to get higher base clock and lower multiplier.. also voltages i see that mine its at 1.36 with out me even touching it. any input regarding this will be really appreciated , i come to you guys because i want to do things right.

my main goal is get it to run prime with out freaking about about temps, and get the best gaming performance

thanks

Solution
Ok, first off, the best bang for your buck in overclocking is a combo of fsb and multiplier. Your fsb is usually at a base of 200 Mhz, you multiply that my the cpu multiplier for your cpu frequency. 1.35 volts should get you like 4.2 to 4.3 mhz. Only disadvantage to the fab increase is it raises ram speeds so you usually have to bump your ram voltage to 1.65, and also lower the ram at first. lower the ram to one speed setting lower, raise the fsb until the ram speed is what it previously was, then that should immediatly give you good results that are table (about 3.8 Ghz) then modify the multiplier a bit. You should be able to do that without bumping up voltage. Also what cooler are you using? if its stock thats a huge issue, if its a...

scorpinock2

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Ok, first off, the best bang for your buck in overclocking is a combo of fsb and multiplier. Your fsb is usually at a base of 200 Mhz, you multiply that my the cpu multiplier for your cpu frequency. 1.35 volts should get you like 4.2 to 4.3 mhz. Only disadvantage to the fab increase is it raises ram speeds so you usually have to bump your ram voltage to 1.65, and also lower the ram at first. lower the ram to one speed setting lower, raise the fsb until the ram speed is what it previously was, then that should immediatly give you good results that are table (about 3.8 Ghz) then modify the multiplier a bit. You should be able to do that without bumping up voltage. Also what cooler are you using? if its stock thats a huge issue, if its a cheaper one, get a better one. Also multiplier gives more heat as well so this should help you a bit.

Solution

villo08

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
great !! thats really helpfull,!!! ill get in to it!! at the moment i got a xigmatek s1283 cooler, but i have an h80 on the way. i hope that an oc the proper way will help me get better temps!! thank you for the information i really appreciate it!

TRENDING THREADS