Hyper 212 Evo

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooler Master
  • Evo
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
October 16, 2012 2:13:35 AM

I'm considering buying the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. However, I want a matte black finish on it. Would spray painting it add any adverse effects on the heatsink?

More about : hyper 212 evo

a c 150 K Overclocking
October 16, 2012 4:44:23 AM

Will someone be looking at your system 24/7?
m
l
October 16, 2012 7:52:01 AM

keithmfr said:
I'm considering buying the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. However, I want a matte black finish on it. Would spray painting it add any adverse effects on the heatsink?

I think it could block some of the passages for the heatsink, although; I think it would look cool though.

I just have no clue what could/would happen.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 20, 2012 4:11:44 PM

Horrible idea. Your CPU will get up to as much as 80C, and you want to apply something that is Extremely Flammable? Why? Spray cans contain solvents which are very flammable. (Believe me, I've seen many lab fires.) Even after the application surface has dried I think your causing a potential fire.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 21, 2012 4:19:22 PM

Even IF you get the spray to be fire retardant - there's no point in trying to make a white wall black if it wasn't made to look like that in an interior. IOW - the Hyper will take a major performance hit. The paint will clog up in the tightly spaced area of the cooler and kill the fantastic temps thas made the cooler so popular.

If you want black - get the Xigmatek Dark Knight II, Megahelms dark shadow, Corsair A(something)that comes in black.

@ amuffin - :lol:  , now now there! we all needs some loving time with the rig :D 

+1 to it being a horrible idea.
m
l
a c 428 K Overclocking
October 21, 2012 4:36:40 PM

Don't do it real bad idea!
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
October 22, 2012 12:59:15 AM

Lutfij said:

@ amuffin - :lol:  , now now there! we all needs some loving time with the rig :D 

+1 to it being a horrible idea.

I just think people care WAY too much about aesthetics. :whistle: 
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
October 22, 2012 8:59:37 AM

ahem, you talking about me? :) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
October 22, 2012 3:36:10 PM

Lutfij said:
ahem, you talking about me? :) 

Wow. Saw your build on the link. Looks like a lot of time went into your build.
What do you use the system for?
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
November 27, 2012 6:47:52 AM

Quote:
What do you use the system for?
gaming, Adobe CS work, Rendering, particle physics/fluid dynamics, research and ofc - entertainment for some chillaxing.

Thanks btw.
m
l
!