Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I3 vs core 2 duo E8400

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core
Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 11, 2010 5:15:13 PM

Hello,
sir whats the difference between i3 and core 2 duo???

More about : core duo e8400

April 11, 2010 5:26:17 PM

Updated architecture and 32nm fabrication on the i3's. They're faster basically
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 5:28:38 PM

but sir how much faster????

i see benchmark...it shows minor difference in i3 and E8400
m
0
l
Related resources
April 11, 2010 5:31:01 PM

and sir is i3 better than Q9550 or not???
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 5:32:59 PM

Two things.

1. Don't call me sir :p 

2. The Q9550 is a quad core and the i3's are all dual cores so the answer would be no. Although, the difference between the two isn't HUGE (depending on the use).
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 105 à CPUs
April 11, 2010 5:37:53 PM

i3 vs E8400
http://anandtech.com/bench/Product/56?vs=143

i3 vs Q9550
http://anandtech.com/bench/Product/50?vs=143

the real life difference is that the E8400 and Q9550 are on a dead socket Intel will no longer support with future CPU. While the i3 is on a socket that will have future CPU released in the coming years. So the i3 would be your best bet for future proofing a new PC build while the Q9550 is fine for upgrading a current build.

The problem with the E8400 is if you want to upgrade in 18 months or so, prices for Q9550 will only be higher. Its a fine CPU though if you plan to make a new build and just want something to hold you over.
Share
a c 105 à CPUs
April 11, 2010 5:39:00 PM

Call him Mr. Tarheel :kaola: 
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 5:43:54 PM

uncfan_2563 said:
Two things.

1. Don't call me sir :p 

2. The Q9550 is a quad core and the i3's are all dual cores so the answer would be no. Although, the difference between the two isn't HUGE (depending on the use).



haha ok

i can only use for gaming.....


i have E8400,
i want to upgrade my pro....

so which is better , i3, i5 or Q9550???
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 5:59:36 PM

ct1615 said:
Call him Mr. Tarheel :kaola: 

That would work :) 
m
0
l
a c 105 à CPUs
April 11, 2010 6:04:36 PM

the Q9550 would be your cheapest option, assuming your motherboard supports it

the i3 and i5 would need a new motherboard and DDR3 RAM
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 6:08:40 PM

ct1615 said:
the Q9550 would be your cheapest option, assuming your motherboard supports it

the i3 and i5 would need a new motherboard and DDR3 RAM

and another 100 dollars spent on Bill Gates for Windows ;) 
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 6:28:59 PM

i already have ddr3 rams.... nd im thinking about future....

is it best that i would go for i5-750????
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 6:39:15 PM

Best answer selected by hmos87.
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 6:39:54 PM

ct1615 said:
i3 vs E8400
http://anandtech.com/bench/Product/56?vs=143

i3 vs Q9550
http://anandtech.com/bench/Product/50?vs=143

the real life difference is that the E8400 and Q9550 are on a dead socket Intel will no longer support with future CPU. While the i3 is on a socket that will have future CPU released in the coming years. So the i3 would be your best bet for future proofing a new PC build while the Q9550 is fine for upgrading a current build.

The problem with the E8400 is if you want to upgrade in 18 months or so, prices for Q9550 will only be higher. Its a fine CPU though if you plan to make a new build and just want something to hold you over.



than bro , for ur link.... :sol:  :hello: 
m
0
l
a c 105 à CPUs
April 11, 2010 6:45:30 PM

hmos87 said:
i already have ddr3 rams.... nd im thinking about future....

is it best that i would go for i5-750????


the i5-750 is a great CPU, cant go wrong with it
m
0
l
April 11, 2010 6:52:30 PM

ok bro thanks....................alot
m
0
l
!