Help buying stuff for my rig

metapho23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Hello I am new to water cooling and I need help buying parts.
Heres is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ksPw .
My first question whats good case for waster cooling
and second what parts should I get for the case ?
I am thinking of cooling cpu and gpu's .

To help out I like switch 810 but i with like to know what do you guys think .
Ty

metapho23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Are you asking in terms of use or the loop ?

metapho23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

I am going to use this pc to heavy gaming and work mostly to work of photoshop and indesign.I want to over clock my cpu and maybe my video cards. In terms of loop I was thinking something like this
1733r.jpg

does it help ?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The real question is, does it help you? I'm not the one installing, maintaining or troubleshooting any problems...that's your job, so you'll need to know what you are doing.

What does that picture above tell you about the cooling capacity of this loop? Possibly about flow rate and delta? What does the loop order appear to be and would you want to mimic this or not?

metapho23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
It helps me just on visual side of things. I guess i will need to do some calculation about the flow rate and delta. I dont want to mimic the loop but want something that is efficient. I am very new to water cooling and trying to get some help before I order parts. I will try do some calculations. I want something close to the picture but the main propose is something easy to do maintenance and and looks ok does not need to be super fancy.
Sorry if my English is bad it has been a while since i wrote in english.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You will need to determine total loop TDP of the CPU and anything else being cooled to use as an indicator on how to proceed with finding radiators and other components. Once you determine this, the rest of it becomes fairly simple and based on personal preference.

What CPU and GPUs are you wanting to cool? What is your overall watercooling component budget? $300-$400 US$ ? This might not be enough depending on the other questions being answered.

metapho23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

I am thinking of cooling i7 3930k with sli gtx 680 i dont know if it if worth it to cool the motherboard. From my calculations i have total of 520 TDP. How much do you think I will need to cool all the components?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
All stock speeds, or any overclocking?

For stock speeds, a very good 360 and very good fans will be just enough, but you'd be better off with a 360+120 or 140 (or even more) space. If you overclock any of those components, you'll need to calculate that into your overall TDP since raising clock speeds requires a bump in voltages and more heat produced.

No real reason to cool your motherboard, especially since you are on a very limited budget. You might have problems cooling CPU and SLI 680's, even with universal blocks for less than $400.

metapho23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

I have been reading it :D

metapho23

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

TDP that I calculated was the stock speeds not oververclock. I is there way to calculate the overcloked TDP ? i know that on sticky there is calculator but i did not see for the video cards.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I have not seen anything that really provides an accurate way to measure GPU overclock TDP, but I'd be willing to think that a modified version of the CPU OC calculation could also work to some degree. The easiest way to estimate would be to choose an overclock speed, find the % over stock speed and use it to estimate % over stock power draw a GPU would pull.

Lutfij

Titan
or try to find some clubs of the said GPU that has been overclocked like crazy - (I know of people on OCN) and then apply that TDP into calc. OFC i said crazy because if you got the maximum TDP but never reached anywhere near it - you'd have much more time to heat the loop up to threshold.