Not Sure What Ram To Choose

JustinMM

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
I recentlly decided I want to save up for a custom built gaming rig but a few things got me confused, even after hrs of research. Here is what I got so far:

CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower Gaming Case
Intel® Core i7 980X Processor Extreme Edition (6x 3.33GHz/12MB L3 Cache) Maybe 10% OC Im Scared It Will Fail Tho
Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) w/Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fans (Push-Pull Airflow)
ATI Radeon HD 5970 4GB Edition "Maybe 2 For CrossfireX, Depends How Much Money I Save"
1200 Watt Corsair CMPSU-1200AX Power Supply
750 GB HARD DRIVE 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s
10X LG BLU-RAY Re-Writer, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
Killer 2100 Gaming Network Card

The 2 things Im confused on are the motherboard and ram type. I would like the best motherboard on thier list, along with the best performing memory but im just not sure of the difference beween the motherboards or memory listed.
At the bottom is a link to thier custom configurator for a list of motherboards and memory since I dont feel like spamming the forum topic with all of them. Just scroll down to page to see what they offer. Any help would be greatlly appreciated, also not sure im choosing the best GPU. My goal is to get a pc to run WoW and Starcraft 2 at max settings with amazing FPS. So if anything is not compatible or will cause problems with these games let me know

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel_X58_Core_i7_Configurator