Your question

Is paint brush alright to use in claeaning motherboards

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2010 8:00:53 AM
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2010 8:12:16 AM

Well i use it. Just be a little careful not to brush too hard on the parts that are raised, like capacitors and other stuff. Just brush gently and blow with your mouth.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2010 11:43:16 AM

Quote:
:hello: 

Related resources
September 8, 2010 5:04:04 PM

yea, air should be able to romove any dust from the board, if you mean like to clean the heat sink then yea a small paintbrush (the artist kind not liek to paint a room) or even a qtip
a c 715 V Motherboard
September 8, 2010 7:56:03 PM

I've often used a vacuum with the "hair-like" brush attachment, but don't want a "hair" or "bristle" getting stuck in a fan and seizing it. So just be careful with a lot of light so you can see. Most of the time I use my compressor.

Be careful with compressed air cans especially don't clean a hot component or it can easily crack if the compressed {frozen} liquid spews out. Get the 3-6 sets of cans any use each for about 20-30 seconds and change to the next; while they're cold they useless. And NEVER have the can on its side or tilted too much!!! Do it on an elevated table and NOT on the floor ~ to most.
a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2010 8:31:32 PM

jaquith said:
I've often used a vacuum with the "hair-like" brush attachment, but don't want a "hair" or "bristle" getting stuck in a fan and seizing it. So just be careful with a lot of light so you can see. Most of the time I use my compressor.

Be careful with compressed air cans especially don't clean a hot component or it can easily crack if the compressed {frozen} liquid spews out. Get the 3-6 sets of cans any use each for about 20-30 seconds and change to the next; while they're cold they useless. And NEVER have the can on its side or tilted too much!!! Do it on an elevated table and NOT on the floor ~ to most.

Vacuum cleaners are not a good idea since they tend to build a lot of static and can blow out components if you are not careful ! - also if using a brush be sure it is made of non-conductive materials (ie. Hog, Horse, Goat Hair) to avoid the same !
a c 715 V Motherboard
September 8, 2010 8:41:29 PM

^ Yeah they're popping and exploding like lightning boltz from the RUBBER hose!
a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2010 7:35:10 AM

Just make sure that the bristles are soft on the paintbrush. There are many painting paintbrushes with stiff bristles.
!