Is paint brush alright to use in claeaning motherboards

:hello:
7 answers Last reply
More about paint brush alright claeaning motherboards
  1. Well i use it. Just be a little careful not to brush too hard on the parts that are raised, like capacitors and other stuff. Just brush gently and blow with your mouth.
  2. Quote:
    :hello:

3. yea, air should be able to romove any dust from the board, if you mean like to clean the heat sink then yea a small paintbrush (the artist kind not liek to paint a room) or even a qtip
  4. I've often used a vacuum with the "hair-like" brush attachment, but don't want a "hair" or "bristle" getting stuck in a fan and seizing it. So just be careful with a lot of light so you can see. Most of the time I use my compressor.

Be careful with compressed air cans especially don't clean a hot component or it can easily crack if the compressed {frozen} liquid spews out. Get the 3-6 sets of cans any use each for about 20-30 seconds and change to the next; while they're cold they useless. And NEVER have the can on its side or tilted too much!!! Do it on an elevated table and NOT on the floor ~ to most.
  5. jaquith said:
    I've often used a vacuum with the "hair-like" brush attachment, but don't want a "hair" or "bristle" getting stuck in a fan and seizing it. So just be careful with a lot of light so you can see. Most of the time I use my compressor.

Be careful with compressed air cans especially don't clean a hot component or it can easily crack if the compressed {frozen} liquid spews out. Get the 3-6 sets of cans any use each for about 20-30 seconds and change to the next; while they're cold they useless. And NEVER have the can on its side or tilted too much!!! Do it on an elevated table and NOT on the floor ~ to most.

Vacuum cleaners are not a good idea since they tend to build a lot of static and can blow out components if you are not careful ! - also if using a brush be sure it is made of non-conductive materials (ie. Hog, Horse, Goat Hair) to avoid the same !
  6. ^ Yeah they're popping and exploding like lightning boltz from the RUBBER hose!
  7. Just make sure that the bristles are soft on the paintbrush. There are many painting paintbrushes with stiff bristles.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards