Solved

Asus P7P55D-e Pro 5.1 Audio

Just wondering, I've plugged a coax audio cable and now have my TOSLINK audio cable to my sound receiver, and I can only get stereo sound.
I was able to get 5.1 channel when I had all the approprate 3.5mm jacks taken up, but now that I went digital, it doesn't work.
Is there something that I'm missing on motherboard configurations or drivers?
You'd think they would make 5.1 standard on all technology now.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus p7p55d audio
  1. Ritz61190 said:
    Just wondering, I've plugged a coax audio cable and now have my TOSLINK audio cable to my sound receiver, and I can only get stereo sound.
    I was able to get 5.1 channel when I had all the approprate 3.5mm jacks taken up, but now that I went digital, it doesn't work.
    Is there something that I'm missing on motherboard configurations or drivers?
    You'd think they would make 5.1 standard on all technology now.

Same issue here. I have been looking around the sound settings in win7, and even in the bios. there doesnt seem to be any setting in there... Have you figured this out yet?
  2. Best answer
    I think Asus P7P55 series motherboards do not have 5.1 sound output through optical S/PDIF. Please see http://support.asus.com/faq/asus-faq.aspx?type=6&no=B2A2F2F2-F3C8-0494-43EE-4B1AF0C54951&model=P7P55D-E PRO&SLanguage=en-us

Sorry I am of no further help.
  3. Best answer selected by Ritz61190.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Audio Cable Motherboards