Intel i5 750 heat problem

leehouse

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
So I recently built my first system in a long while and the idle, and load temperature seem to be quite high

Build:

CPU i5-750
Graphics: Radeon HD 5770
RAM:2X2GB GSKILL ripjaw series 1600
Motherboard GIGABYTE P55M-UD2
Case: NZXT Tempest

I am using the stock cooler, the temperatures under load stabilize at about 75 degrees. Based on what I've read this seems quite high for stock cooling under load. I don't can't recall my idle number right now but I know they were in the 44-48 range, which also seems exceedingly warm. Any advice on what I can do?

leehouse

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
The case is an NZXT Tempest , I'm unsure of my ambient temperature but I think it is around 20C and the processor isn't overclocked.

Also, the processor seems to be drawing more power than stock 110W instead of 95W and according to CPUZ the turbo mode has enabled a multiplier of 21 instead of 20.

leehouse

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
@Saint19

Yes I've checked the cooler, if necessary a friend has offered me the use of some of their arctic silver thermal paste which should help.

@in0va3

Yes the stock cooler

bvzxa34

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Don't recall them coming with thermal paste, but it's already applied on the base of the stock fan. You could wipe it away with alchohol, then apply AS-5 and use the stock cooler. If you buy any Intel chips you know they have the worst stock coolers, a joke. I have a ZEROtherm in my case. Even with a crazy OC, I was at 62C on load doing prime 95 tests. Since the OS is causing me problems due to hundreds of bad shudowns, I am at stock speeds, but with them my load temps are in the low 40s Celsius

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Your temperatures are fine, no worries whatsoever. Really.

TRENDING THREADS