• Tuner Cards
  • TV
  • Geforce
  • HD
  • Blu-ray
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 28, 2010 11:02:43 AM

Hello, I have a PC with a geforce 6800xt graphics card with the DVi outputs. I have a blu-ray drive installed in my pc. Also, i have a LG lh5000 37inch full hd TV. I have a dvi to HDMI cable to connect my PC to my TV. I seem to get a decent picture when i connect my PC to my TV but the question i wanted to ask was if i played a blu-ray movie on my PC's blu-ray drive, would my graphics card actually be outputting 1080p content to my TV? Or does the 6800 xt not support full hd output? Regards, Shuja

More about : geforce 6800 output 1080p full

January 28, 2010 3:15:21 PM

u can't expect perfect full hd from this card... its too old... buy a newer card for that... if u are happy with 1080i... which is the max this card supports then u are fine...
Related resources
January 28, 2010 5:59:39 PM

It would display the content but it will be choppy at best since the cpu would be doing all the work rather than having HD support from the GPU. A inexpensive Geforce 8/9 series card (used) or a HD series ATI would be a good replacement.
January 28, 2010 6:43:45 PM

That card should support 1080p just fine using an HDMI cable. Of course, if you used component output you would limited to 1080i. Anyway, even though the card may display 1080p just fine, that does not mean you will be able to watch your Blu Ray movies in 1080p. Thanks to the copy protection on Blu Ray, you will need an HDCP key on your video card to do that, and it doesn't look like your card has that feature. If your main concern is watching bluray movies in 1080p, then get a newer card that has the HDCP key.
February 25, 2010 10:27:41 PM

Ok, Thanks for the info guys.
I'm loking at buying the ASUS NVIDIA 1024mb GeForce 9800gt ddr3 PCI-E graphics card.
Is this a good choice for an all round graphics card that will work well for playing blu ray movies on my PC?

Will it be compatible for my Mobo (Asus P5n-e sli) and will it definitiely be HDCP compliant?

Regards,

Shuja
February 25, 2010 10:34:05 PM

dabooj said:
Ok, Thanks for the info guys.
I'm loking at buying the ASUS NVIDIA 1024mb GeForce 9800gt ddr3 PCI-E graphics card.
Is this a good choice for an all round graphics card that will work well for playing blu ray movies on my PC?

Will it be compatible for my Mobo (Asus P5n-e sli) and will it definitiely be HDCP compliant?

Regards,

Shuja

Yes and a lot more and has HDCP so yes it will do wonderfully.