neublis

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Just got a 980X and I would like to know what motherboard is the fastest for gaming, video editing ect. I am currently debating between ASUS Rampage III Extreme, ASUS P6X58D Premium, ASUS Rampage III Formula or ASUS P6TD Deluxe. Not opposed to buying another brand but I do want true 16x 3. USB 3 and SATA 3. Not worried about price. Thx

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
I suggest getting the Rampage III Extreme. I have found the Rampage to be an extremely reliable and incredibly fast board. I am currently using a Rampage II Extreme and find it to be excelent and the Rampage III Extreme is said to be even better. As Maziar stated, the one big thing going for the Rampage series is that they are perfect for OCing, however, if your not OCing then you are likely not going to get full use of the motherboard.

Jester99

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Just to note, I am currently running the Rampage III Extreme with my i7 980x.

After upgrading from my i7 930 I immediately noticed improvements in performance unlike what was advertised about no difference being noticed...

The Rampage III Extreme is a very fast and reliable mobo even if your not OCing....

But I intend to OC this baby as I have been doing...

If money is not in question then the Rampage III Extreme out of your list is the one to choose in my opinion... but then I am biased toward the rampage III extreme as an owner of one lol... Its just so nice :p

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
i will go with rampage 3 extreme its very fantastic motherboard the diffrence between it and the 2 extreme that the 2 extreme didnt have usb 3.0 and sata 3 the rampage 3 extreme is your best option for 3 cards the P6X58D dont have a place for third card but the 3 extreme does go with it
its my next upgrade too

Jester99

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Nice...

After playing a little more with the mobo and its features Im even more impressed and happy with it... if you fail something on overclocking all you have to do is restart the system and it goes into a "safe mode" to let you fix the problem .... A++ .... other mobos would fail over and over until u clear cmos or something...