dstoop

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
My stock cooler keeps my Phenom II x4 955 at around ~60C under full load, but it vibrates and sounds like a jet engine. Does anyone have any suggestions on AM3 compatible heatsinks, or just replacement fans, that are at least as good as the stock cooler, but also much quieter? I know a lot of people here swear by the Coolermaster 212 Plus, but at 160mm tall, it doesnt fit in my mid tower. I have no plans to overclock the system.

As a note i'm really not looking to spend more than ~$30, and it has to be one I can install without removing the motherboard.

claykirk13

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I just bought the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 and it works like a charm. I agree with the previous statement. This cooler is super easy to install and will cool unlike any cooler for this kind of price. This cooler is a steal :D

janxta

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
COOLER MASTER RR-H101-22FK-RA 80mm Long life sleeve bearing CPU Cooler - Retail found at newegg.com. This is a simple and cheap solution that should work well for you.

Scythe S-FLEX SFF21D 120mm Case Fan - Retail found at newegg.com. Great case fan that is 120 mm if you can fit it into your case. Have fun and good luck.

claykirk13

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
The Cooler Master Hyper TX3 isn't very noisy. If your computer is sitting on your desk it'll sound like background whirring (not loud at all). And if your comp sits on the floor, you'll never notice.
It's the ultimate cooler for the price. I don't know much about the other cooler, but it looks alright. The European one looks nice, but I bet it's out of your stated price range.