Cooling an i7-3930k with an Antec Kuhler h2o 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltessier

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
Hi all,

I'm about to build a new rig with an i7-3930k, a RIVE, and an Antec Kuhler h2o 920. The whole thing is going in a Thermaltake Level 10 (original) and I plan on upgrading the Kuhler fans with two Corsair Air Series SP120 Fans and an AF140 fan for the intake.

I was planning on OC'ing the 3930k to 4.7Ghz and need to know what the ruling is as to whether the Kuhler with its upgraded fans will be enough to keep the 3930k cool. The only other thing in the mobo compartment (the Level 10 keeps all its bits compartmentalized) will be two EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB cards and the whole thing will be powered by a Corsair AX1200i.

Thanks for your help!

Solution
look again - it'll be even harder getting that antec inside that case - where'll you mount it? I asked cos I was a big fan of that case until my heart dropped from a mile away after hearing of its retail price.
I saw someone on the EVGA forums who had a Kuhler 920 on their i7-3960x but they haven't responded to my PMs.
well it could be that it didn't work for him and BTW the AIO coolers are having an issue QC wise - so I'd sit the closed loop cooler out.

* IF you read the watercooling sticky in my sig - pop by the closed loop cooelr subsection adn you'll understand why I'm using a discouraging tone about those CLC's.

ltessier

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Unfortunately, the Level 10 is...uncooperative when it comes to custom water cooling, and I'd ideally like to use it as my case since it's an $850 investment. I saw someone on the EVGA forums who had a Kuhler 920 on their i7-3960x but they haven't responded to my PMs.

Lutfij

Titan
look again - it'll be even harder getting that antec inside that case - where'll you mount it? I asked cos I was a big fan of that case until my heart dropped from a mile away after hearing of its retail price.
I saw someone on the EVGA forums who had a Kuhler 920 on their i7-3960x but they haven't responded to my PMs.
well it could be that it didn't work for him and BTW the AIO coolers are having an issue QC wise - so I'd sit the closed loop cooler out.

* IF you read the watercooling sticky in my sig - pop by the closed loop cooelr subsection adn you'll understand why I'm using a discouraging tone about those CLC's.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS