Sign in with
Your question

Temp Monitoring Utilities - Readings all over the place - Help?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 12, 2010 6:33:23 AM

Hello all,

I've been having trouble identifying which of these programs shows the most accurate voltage readings and I was wondering if any of you could help me out here. I was told by a friend that HW Monitor was the best utility for this sort of thing, but when I noticed that it doesn't even show a VCore reading for me (?), I became skeptical. So I tried out some other ones like SpeedFan, CoreTemp, and even Asus's dated Probe II. Well, the readings are all over the damned place. This is a problem for me as I'm wanting to overclock. So....help?

(Click it to make it, you know, bigger...)

a c 131 à CPUs
April 13, 2010 2:33:21 PM

What are you talking about? The temperature for the CPU that you should pay attention to is the core temp for each core. Which is the same in each program.

Everest : CPU#1/ core x
HWmonitor: core #x
speedfan: core
coretemp: CPU #0
m
l
April 13, 2010 6:47:28 PM

enzo matrix said:
What are you talking about? The temperature for the CPU that you should pay attention to is the core temp for each core. Which is the same in each program.

Everest : CPU#1/ core x
HWmonitor: core #x
speedfan: core
coretemp: CPU #0

My bad. Didn't mean to ask about temperatures; I know those are fine. I'm wondering more about the voltage readings. HWMonitor doesn't even show a VCore. Any idea what's with that?
m
l
Related resources
a c 131 à CPUs
April 14, 2010 2:27:19 PM

JG Seven said:
My bad. Didn't mean to ask about temperatures; I know those are fine. I'm wondering more about the voltage readings. HWMonitor doesn't even show a VCore. Any idea what's with that?

Oh I see what you mean. I've only ever looked at my Vcore in the bios and using CPU-z. My theory is that there is a different delay for each of them because the Vcore seems to vary.
m
l
April 14, 2010 5:12:58 PM

Yeah, I'm sure those two are the most accurate. It's just annoying that I can't just use one app to monitor everything. I mean, I can understand the VCore reading varying, but completely missing? :-/
m
l
April 14, 2010 5:20:45 PM

Use Cpu-z, and it will tell you the VID- voltage. Also You have a ASUS MOBO, so just you their programs, (i.e. TurboV) and overclock with the desktop program
m
l
!