Temp Monitoring Utilities - Readings all over the place - Help?

JG Seven

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Hello all,

I've been having trouble identifying which of these programs shows the most accurate voltage readings and I was wondering if any of you could help me out here. I was told by a friend that HW Monitor was the best utility for this sort of thing, but when I noticed that it doesn't even show a VCore reading for me (?), I became skeptical. So I tried out some other ones like SpeedFan, CoreTemp, and even Asus's dated Probe II. Well, the readings are all over the damned place. This is a problem for me as I'm wanting to overclock. So....help?

(Click it to make it, you know, bigger...)

2yjzse9.png

JG Seven

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010

My bad. Didn't mean to ask about temperatures; I know those are fine. I'm wondering more about the voltage readings. HWMonitor doesn't even show a VCore. Any idea what's with that?

Oh I see what you mean. I've only ever looked at my Vcore in the bios and using CPU-z. My theory is that there is a different delay for each of them because the Vcore seems to vary.

JG Seven

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Yeah, I'm sure those two are the most accurate. It's just annoying that I can't just use one app to monitor everything. I mean, I can understand the VCore reading varying, but completely missing? :-/