200mm Megaflow "clicking" on startup, eventually goes away

scazbala86

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
As the title suggest I have a Cooler Master Storm Enforcer case with a front 200mm megaflow fan. Whenever the PC has been off for more than a couple hours, when I turn it on the fan clicks for about 2 or 3 minutes, and abruptly stops clicking and works as silently as it should. Are the bearings going bad? Should I go through the trouble of oiling them or look into a replacement? Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks.

Solution
Let this go on for a while, it may go away I had the same issue on the front 140 mm fan on my CM 690 II case. If it doesn't, shake the fan around make sure nothings stuck in it or no part of your case is obstructing it. If that doesn't work try oiling it once, if that only temporarily works than get a new one. None of these methods cost you anything other than time so just be patient an try them out :)

scorpinock2

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Let this go on for a while, it may go away I had the same issue on the front 140 mm fan on my CM 690 II case. If it doesn't, shake the fan around make sure nothings stuck in it or no part of your case is obstructing it. If that doesn't work try oiling it once, if that only temporarily works than get a new one. None of these methods cost you anything other than time so just be patient an try them out :)

Solution

scazbala86

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010

Thanks for the response