Default picture saving

October 21, 2004 8:13:02 PM

Until recently, a save picture image was done in the format originally from
the website or e-mail. Now all pictures are saved as bitmap images, file
title is "untitled" and file type is bitmap without option to change.

How can I change these defaults?

More about : default picture saving

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 10:46:20 PM

The Commodore wrote:
> Until recently, a save picture image was done in the format
> originally from the website or e-mail. Now all pictures are saved as
> bitmap images, file title is "untitled" and file type is bitmap
> without option to change.
>
> How can I change these defaults?

Your browser cache is overloaded. In Internet Explorer, select
Tools/Internet Options/General Tab. Click the Delete Files button and
confirm to delete all offline content.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Ronnie

The problem is deeper than that. I have a program that regularly cleans out
this cache and I still get "Untitled" and .BMP default format. Everything
was fine until I lost a spare hard drive in my machine. I replaced it, but
that didnt help. There's some setting somewhere that controls this behavoir.
Please help. I'd like to start storing images again.

Thanks in advance, Walt Flack

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> The Commodore wrote:
> > Until recently, a save picture image was done in the format
> > originally from the website or e-mail. Now all pictures are saved as
> > bitmap images, file title is "untitled" and file type is bitmap
> > without option to change.
> >
> > How can I change these defaults?
>
> Your browser cache is overloaded. In Internet Explorer, select
> Tools/Internet Options/General Tab. Click the Delete Files button and
> confirm to delete all offline content.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 1:38:58 PM

Lower the TIF cache.

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607....

More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User