FX 4100 Cores Failing?! :O

hellohappy22

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Hi AMD Pro's!

Just need some advice from someone who know a little more than me. The problem:

I have a FX 4100. The multiplier is at 22x so this is 4.4GHz. My Vcore has to be at 1.425V for it to run stable.

ANYTHING below this and when I run Prime95, I come back and one (or 2) of the 4 Cores have stopped.?

Is this due to the Vcore? as 1.425V sounds a bit high for 4.4GHz?

Or do I need to change anything else?

My temps run at 50c at Max load so no trouble there, just want to make sure everything is as it should be. Cheers

scorpinock2

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
1.425 does not sound too high because if you are just raising the multiplier to get your higher speed you need a lot of voltage to back that up. If you want a lower voltage on your processor try raising the FSB, down clocking the ram and bringing up the FSB until the ram is at is proper speed. This way your FSB will be above 200 Mhz maybe around 230 to 250, that way you can lower the multiplier to 20 or less and get a very similar result. It should give you less heat, the only thing is you will need to most likely raise voltages on the north bridge, hyper transport, and Ram (ram usually to 1.65 if you wanna go faster than your stock speed). This is usually better as it spreads your voltage raised all around the motherboard instead of it all focused on the processor. If you have a good motherboard and case with a good amount of airflow then you will not see any temperature increase in motherboard components, and a lower CPU temperature. Also what cooler are you using.