Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Building a i5-750 processor

Last response: in Systems
February 4, 2010 7:29:50 AM

Hello,

I need help building my computer. I'm not too much a gamer but I do browse, stream videos, and download music often.

As of right now I have:

Windows 7 OS
Biostar T5 XE P55
Intel i5-750 processor
24" syncmaster samsung 2494
Logic tech keyboard and mouse
Cool Master Storm Scout Case

Any tips and advice for RAM, Hard drive, graphic card, and PSU? Your opinion would be helpful. Still search for good deals too.

Thanks in advance

More about : building 750 processor

February 4, 2010 7:39:59 AM

GSkill Ripjaws for Ram the lower latency stuff.
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb or 500gb had drive you choice both are great
Just about any 5000 series video card should work for you
As to the PSU find a good 600-750 watt one from a reputable company like corsair/pc power cooling/antec make sure its at lease 80% certified.

Guessing by the mobo/processor combo you bought that at Frys so keep an eye out there for power supply deals.
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2010 4:32:56 PM

aznballer3 said:
Hello,

I need help building my computer. I'm not too much a gamer but I do browse, stream videos, and download music often.

As of right now I have:

Windows 7 OS
Biostar T5 XE P55
Intel i5-750 processor
24" syncmaster samsung 2494
Logic tech keyboard and mouse
Cool Master Storm Scout Case

Any tips and advice for RAM, Hard drive, graphic card, and PSU? Your opinion would be helpful. Still search for good deals too.

Thanks in advance

A budget to work with would be helpful.

For ram, by what you are saying, pretty much any CL9 kit would do, but if you do game, want to OC some and want that bit of extra performance for a little extra $, look for a CL7 kit like G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D.

Hard drive, take a look at the new Samsung F3, they seem to be the preferred drives at the moment.

Graphic card, hmm, when you say you are not much of a gamer, does this mean you like to game once in a while, or you don't really game at all?

PSU partly depends on what graphics card you end up with, but a good (currently cheap) one could be OCZ ModXStream Pro 500.
m
l
February 5, 2010 5:12:47 AM

chefjw said:
GSkill Ripjaws for Ram the lower latency stuff.
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb or 500gb had drive you choice both are great
Just about any 5000 series video card should work for you
As to the PSU find a good 600-750 watt one from a reputable company like corsair/pc power cooling/antec make sure its at lease 80% certified.

Guessing by the mobo/processor combo you bought that at Frys so keep an eye out there for power supply deals.

haha as a matter of fact I did get the combo at Fry's. You were very helpful! Thanks
m
l
February 5, 2010 5:16:24 AM

BUDGET

PSU+RAM+GRAPIC CARD+Hard Drive all around 300 or less.
m
l

Best solution

February 5, 2010 8:25:44 AM
February 5, 2010 9:18:22 PM

Thanks for contributing! Most of you guys are recommending mostly similar hardware which makes my decisions a bit easier. And as for the GPU, the only time I actually have time gaming are during breaks! So I just want a reliable and decent GPU.

Going to wait for President's Day to see if I can catch a good deal.

Just got my PSU @ Fry's today! Antec Earthwatt 650watt for $60 (not too bad).
m
l
February 5, 2010 9:18:57 PM

Best answer selected by aznballer3.
m
l
!