Will my 380w Antec be able to handle this PC?

G

Hey guys!! I need some help!

I want to upgrade my computer. I have very limited money and after a lot of research I came up with the following upgrades:

Asus P7P55 M
Core i5 750
4gb kingston ddr 1333 ram
HD5770.

I also have an Antec p182 case which has 3x 120mm fans aswell. I have 1 IDE drive and 1 Sata drive.

I don't have money to still get an extra PSU after this upgrade..but I am HOPING that my PSU will be fine for this, I was also told that it would be fine by a friend. It's an Antec 380w NeoHE and it cost me a lot of money when I got it :(.

Here is the full specs if you guys want to check it out:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/specs/NeoHE380_spe.html

Thanks guys!!

G

Hi again, I just used the PSU calculator on Antecs website. It told me minimum 316w(330w if I use 20% capacitor aging and not 15%...the psu is 1.5years old).

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hey guys!! I need some help!

I want to upgrade my computer. I have very limited money and after a lot of research I came up with the following upgrades:

Asus P7P55 M
Core i5 750
4gb kingston ddr 1333 ram
HD5770.

I also have an Antec p182 case which has 3x 120mm fans aswell. I have 1 IDE drive and 1 Sata drive.

I don't have money to still get an extra PSU after this upgrade..but I am HOPING that my PSU will be fine for this, I was also told that it would be fine by a friend. It's an Antec 380w NeoHE and it cost me a lot of money when I got it :(.

Here is the full specs if you guys want to check it out:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/specs/NeoHE380_spe.html

Thanks guys!!

Hi SkyZA,

What is the brand on the 5770? I've been reading a few reviews and specs to the 5770 and it seems like you'll need at least 400w. I would definitely recommend an upgrade to maybe a 500w or a 600w PSU just to be safe. It might seem to run smoothly in the short run but in the long run, you might damage your system or have stability issues. I mean you have a nice system running and the last thing you would want to do is NOT give it enough power to run the computer.

Regards,
Antec

G

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

It is a Sapphire HD5770 1gb. Damn I was hoping I could get away with this PSU :/

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Antec has an account here? WOW