Will my 380w Antec be able to handle this PC?

Hey guys!! I need some help!

I want to upgrade my computer. I have very limited money and after a lot of research I came up with the following upgrades:

Asus P7P55 M
Core i5 750
4gb kingston ddr 1333 ram
HD5770.

I also have an Antec p182 case which has 3x 120mm fans aswell. I have 1 IDE drive and 1 Sata drive.

I don't have money to still get an extra PSU after this upgrade..but I am HOPING that my PSU will be fine for this, I was also told that it would be fine by a friend. It's an Antec 380w NeoHE and it cost me a lot of money when I got it :(.

Here is the full specs if you guys want to check it out:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/specs/NeoHE380_spe.html

Thanks guys!!
8 answers Last reply
More about will 380w antec handle
  1. They recomend 400w for the 5770 so no.
  2. Hi again, I just used the PSU calculator on Antecs website. It told me minimum 316w(330w if I use 20% capacitor aging and not 15%...the psu is 1.5years old).
  3. There is no problem. Your psu has power enough.
  4. Quote:
    Hey guys!! I need some help!

I want to upgrade my computer. I have very limited money and after a lot of research I came up with the following upgrades:

Asus P7P55 M
    Core i5 750
    4gb kingston ddr 1333 ram
    HD5770.

I also have an Antec p182 case which has 3x 120mm fans aswell. I have 1 IDE drive and 1 Sata drive.

I don't have money to still get an extra PSU after this upgrade..but I am HOPING that my PSU will be fine for this, I was also told that it would be fine by a friend. It's an Antec 380w NeoHE and it cost me a lot of money when I got it :(.

Here is the full specs if you guys want to check it out:

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/specs/NeoHE380_spe.html

Thanks guys!!

Hi SkyZA,

What is the brand on the 5770? I've been reading a few reviews and specs to the 5770 and it seems like you'll need at least 400w. I would definitely recommend an upgrade to maybe a 500w or a 600w PSU just to be safe. It might seem to run smoothly in the short run but in the long run, you might damage your system or have stability issues. I mean you have a nice system running and the last thing you would want to do is NOT give it enough power to run the computer.

Regards,
    Antec
  5. antec_rep said:
    Hi SkyZA,

What is the brand on the 5770? I've been reading a few reviews and specs to the 5770 and it seems like you'll need at least 400w. I would definitely recommend an upgrade to maybe a 500w or a 600w PSU just to be safe. It might seem to run smoothly in the short run but in the long run, you might damage your system or have stability issues. I mean you have a nice system running and the last thing you would want to do is NOT give it enough power to run the computer.

Regards,
    Antec

Hey! Thanks for the reply!

It is a Sapphire HD5770 1gb. Damn I was hoping I could get away with this PSU :/
  6. antec_rep said:
    Hi SkyZA,

Regards,
    Antec

Antec has an account here? WOW
  7. Henry Chinaski said:
    There is no problem. Your psu has power enough.

This
  8. I guess you can get away with it but just at the line.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Components