Sign in with
Your question

Overclock fail

Last response: in Motherboards
September 9, 2010 7:42:13 PM

Hi, I have just reformatted my two hard drives for a fresh start using win. 7. one for running the system, the other is for backup. when I turn on the PC. I get the error on the boot screen that the overclock failed. press f2 to load default or press delete to enter bios. I'm not overclocking and after pressing f2 everything loads fine, and restarts are normal, but when I shut down and then restart, I get the same error and have to hit the f2 to load default settings. I have removed the battery and replaced, cleared the cmos jumper, both did not work. everything was working fine before the reformatting, and runs great after hitting the f2 to load the default settings. where do I go from here? biostar g31e-m7 wd black 500gb Hitachi 500gb corsair pc6400 two 1gb sticks I have not flashed the bios yet.

More about : overclock fail

a b K Overclocking
a c 135 V Motherboard
September 10, 2010 8:37:31 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums
I had the same problem with my older rig(E6600 & ASUS P5K-E WIFI) and i didn't OC anything.
I updated my BIOS to the latest version,and set my RAM's timings,voltages and speeds manually in the BIOS and it was fixed
m
l
September 10, 2010 4:51:37 PM

Maziar said:
Hello and welcome to the forums
I had the same problem with my older rig(E6600 & ASUS P5K-E WIFI) and i didn't OC anything.
I updated my BIOS to the latest version,and set my RAM's timings,voltages and speeds manually in the BIOS and it was fixed

Hi,I turned on my PC this morning and everything started up normal. didn't have to do anything. I did go into bios and manually set memory timings. Thank you for your help, bunkachunk........
m
l
September 10, 2010 4:53:03 PM

Best answer selected by bunkachunk.
m
l
!