Sign in with
Your question

RAM or MOBO malfunction

Last response: in Motherboards
September 9, 2010 10:00:39 PM

Hi,

I've installed some new RAM but am experiencing issues with it - although I am not sure if it is the RAM or the MOBO. I was wondering if anyone can help?

The only difference I can see (having tried the RAM in pretty much all the possible configurations and updating my BIOS to the latest version) can be seen in the attached CPUID screenshots.

The only difference I can see is in the tRC numbers. It seems that one of my slots is not working/being detected. All four sticks are detected in BIOS if I place them in together, however there are issues if I do not have a full compliment in there (e.g. 1,2 & 4).

Any advice would be appreciated.

MOBO: ASUS P5LD2 SE/C: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA, x16 VGA, 3 PCI/3 PCI-EX

Thanks

Spoiler

More about : ram mobo malfunction

a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2010 10:08:12 PM

Try 2 sticks in 2 and 4 and see if it sees both. Or try just 1 stick in 4 and see if it boots, If they do not see slot 4 I would say bad MB. If slot 4 is not working make sure you state that in the RMA request with ASUS.
September 10, 2010 6:46:04 AM

Test your ram and motherboard with hot cpu tester pro for 6 hours and make sure all your ram is compatible with your motherboard check the mainboards website good luck.
September 10, 2010 1:21:57 PM

1haplo said:
Try 2 sticks in 2 and 4 and see if it sees both. Or try just 1 stick in 4 and see if it boots, If they do not see slot 4 I would say bad MB. If slot 4 is not working make sure you state that in the RMA request with ASUS.

I'll give it a go with the slots in isolation.

Doom3klr said:
Test your ram and motherboard with hot cpu tester pro for 6 hours and make sure all your ram is compatible with your motherboard check the mainboards website good luck.

The RAM is compatible (it picks up the sticks in other slots). I've got a feeling the MOBO slot is borked.
!