Sign in with
Your question
Solved

When will my mobo fall behind the curve?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 9, 2010 10:38:55 PM

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA 790x-UD4P Rev 1.0
How long till it's outdated??? :hello: 

More about : mobo fall curve

a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2010 10:50:31 PM

It's out of stock and deactivated at New Egg... It's already out of date!

Best solution

a c 234 V Motherboard
September 10, 2010 12:37:48 AM

Your motherboard will fall behind the curve when USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0 Gb/s become mainstream and standard. It supports the Phenom II x6's with latest BIOS so that prolong's your life. Also, it has acceptable Crossfire setup so you can continue to run dual cards for a while (even after PCIe 3.0 becomes standard).
Related resources
a c 715 V Motherboard
September 10, 2010 7:38:32 AM

^ Before it came out. Meaning there's always a new version or standard being added - look at CPUs. Nature of the beast, like a car.
September 10, 2010 8:55:49 AM

Best answer selected by budsatawny.
September 10, 2010 9:03:46 AM

jaquith said:
^ Before it came out. Meaning there's always a new version or standard being added - look at CPUs. Nature of the beast, like a car.

You said it my Phenom IIx3 720BEjust came out last year...and it's already "yesterdays news"...LOL
Oh well it'll play all the new games...soooo I'll wait till next week when something newer comes out...LOL :sol: 
a c 715 V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 3:23:53 AM

budsatawny said:
You said it my Phenom IIx3 720BEjust came out last year...and it's already "yesterdays news"...LOL
Oh well it'll play all the new games...soooo I'll wait till next week when something newer comes out...LOL :sol: 

Huh?! I mean you, me, anyone who buys any electronic device -> the next version or standard is already being prepared for production. I meant we're all buying "older" tech even the day it's first released. It's impossible to be up-to-date. Remember HD-DVD. :pfff: 
September 11, 2010 8:51:00 AM

jaquith said:
Huh?! I mean you, me, anyone who buys any electronic device -> the next version or standard is already being prepared for production. I meant we're all buying "older" tech even the day it's first released. It's impossible to be up-to-date. Remember HD-DVD. :pfff: 

LOL...Man I can remember 8-tracks...still have some and a player...LOL..Got an uncle with 2 reel to reel decks!!..
I can remember having one of the first GPS devices in the Army..Damn I'm gettin old :lol: 
!